Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Denmark - Norfolk - Edinburgh

Next Monday I’m planning to go from Denmark to Norfolk. Then on the Tuesday on to Edinburgh. It is VFR (with an IMC rating) in a C172s.
I’m planning for a fuel stop at EDHX.
I’m going to a place just south of RAF Marham. Is it possible to get a permission to land there?
Is Norwich a good stop? I can see some info about required handling and being expensive.
How is Edinburgh as destination?
Is it correct that for the flight to UK I just need the GAR form. Coming back I will need to arrange customs at the airport where I reenter Schengen?

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Did you mean EDXH by any chance? If yes, make sure you get your timing right to stay clear of the extensive lunch break. Oh, and don’t land short…

Edinburgh hates GA and is super-expensive (~250 pounds, used to be 150 until a few years back). Alternatives: Fife and Cumbernauld.

Re GAR and customs, you are correct, but you also need customs (better: immigration) when leaving Schengen towards then UK. AFAIK, Helgoland can sort this out for you but better call them in advance to check.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 06 Jun 17:45
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Sorry..Helgoland. EDXH
Cumbernauld is actually a bit shorter to my destination. I will give them a call.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

pmh – There are alternatives to Norwich, it depend on where your destination is near Marham. Are you OK with grass strips for example? You might use Fenland if west of Marham or if nearer to Marham there is for example 2 grass airfields near Boughton. If you need more information let me know.

UK, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message