Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Disastrous GMX 200 Upgrade v2.14

Hi
My tale of woe relates to my GMX200 unit that was perfectly happy minding its own business until I decided to upgrade it from v2.13 of the firmware to v2.14. I purchased the upgrade from a Garmin dealer in the UK on a recent visit. I recently applied the upgrade after I returned to Thailand

First flight after applying the upgrade the and unit started randomly rebooting.
Yesterday it rebooted 7 times during a 3 hour flight. V2.14 was meant to address rebooting issues, but in my case it has introduced them.

I have contact Garmin to obtain the v2.13 SD card so I can downgrade the unit back to the reliable state I was enjoying before, but they helpfully told me only a dealer can supply/apply the upgrade, of which there are none in Thailand.

I am more than capable of inserting an SD card into the unit and watching it upgrade itself. I even offered to sign any kind of indemnity waiver, but they are adamant it must be done through a dealer.
Is there any kind soul on here that has v2.13 and could take pity on me to supply the files so I can burn my own v2.13 SD upgrade?
Here in the tropics CB’s are a daily occupational hazard. I use the radar extensively in this region which is displayed through the GMX200 and having it become so unreliable is a safety of flight issue for me.
Thank you in advance for any help!
Eduardo

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

A number of Garmin dealers are on EuroGA – pity nobody seems to have offered this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message