Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Does this look like the King Air got bent?

GA_Pete wrote:

Well I’d have needed a few mins and a cup of tea after that.

LOL! I love that typical British answer! Most of us would need something a tad stronger after this kind of unexpected aerobatics…..

sumewat distilled xxx-years ago or so.

I’ll have to introduce you to “Ziganka” at some stage I think

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Peter wrote:

One guy who used to do these flights told me that it is difficult to control what the jumpers do.

I’ve done them with an AN2. There thankfully you don’t have a step. One jumpmaster at the door, all sat on the folding chairs. On the sign, the jumpmaster opens the door and they file out one by one. They are usually out in a few seconds.

Hardly any trim change at all, just felt the massively reduced weight. With that engine we did not do stunts such as trying to land before the parashutists (shock cooling) but we usually landed within a few minutes of them.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I’ll have to introduce you to “Ziganka” at some stage I think

Plum? Or some other fruit?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This is a very old one

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Excellent Peter.

Hi Mooney, I look forward to the introduction to Ziganka.

Last Edited by GA_Pete at 09 Nov 11:36
United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

Plum? Or some other fruit?

It’s a secret :) Only gypsies know what’s in it :)

GA_Pete wrote:

Hi Mooney, I look forward to the introduction to Ziganka.

I’ll have to organise some then :)

Peter wrote:

This is a very old one

Let me add a true one:

- Eastbound on a Swissair A330 over the NATL, Labrador. We get moderate chop, strap in the FA’s (Pax were strapped in for a while) and reported it as such: “SR129, moderate chop at FL370”. A few minutes later, an American airline pipes up behind us over that position: “Holy smokes, what are you thinking Swissair, we have severe turb and request descent to FL330 now!” Turned out, they had heard our message but thought they could get away with it, did not strap anyone in, consequently they had their cabin in a mess…. (and I’ve cleaned the radio call for public consumption, the original included a good compilation of popular southern abuse. Wish LIVEATC would have existed back then. )

26 Posts
Sign in to add your message