Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA looking for experts for new Question Base

Independent External Experts

EASA is Looking for Independent Experts (Remunerated positions)

Do you have *high-level expertise *in one or more of the following
theoretical knowledge subjects:

- Air law
- Aircraft general knowledge
- Flight planning/performance
- Human performance
- Meteorology
- Navigation
- Operational procedures
- Principles of flight
- VFR / IFR communication.

The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is seeking to establish a
*database of independent aviation experts *for a number of tasks
including the development of exam questions for the European Central
Question Database (ECQB).

This work is remunerated and offers an exciting opportunity for
individuals to support the Agency in important projects to ensure the
continuous improvement of the safety of the European aviation system.

Depending on the tasks to be performed, contracts shall be assigned to
the most suitable external experts on the basis of competence and
experience and in accordance with the principles of non-discrimination,
equal treatment and absence of conflict of interests.

Experts are entitled to competitive, fixed daily rates. Travel costs and
subsistence expenses, where necessary, are covered in addition.

Interested? Visit this website for more information.

Applications must be submitted using the on-line application form. A first review of
applications of interested candidates will be carried in early August
2014. Apply today to qualify.

If you have any immediate questions, please contact [email protected]
with “Call for Experts” in the subject of your email.

That’s an impossible job.

The QB is so full of bullsh*t that even if you remove the most glaring examples (some mentioned here) you will still be left with a vast quantity of stuff which is not relevant in the modern world, but they can’t possibly remove it from the 14 ATPL exams because they would no longer serve their primary purpose: a filter to remove the thickest of the ATPL cadet intake.

The CB IR QB already has a lot of stuff removed but the questions that are in there are still drawn from the original JAA ATPL QB, but if you are training pilots who are going to fly themselves (e.g. PPL/IR) you need a different knowledge set to what you need to filter out the ATPL stream and what the ATPL students are expected to know before they start on their type ratings.

A proper review would remove so much stuff and rewrite the rest and would cause an uproar in the ATPL business.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That’s an impossible job.

Hah! THAT is where there’s money to be made!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Sure. They will get a collection of aviation’s weirdest and most anally retarded characters.

Like the Portugese ATCO who got the job of drafting the JAA Air Law….

Sorry – I can’t help being cynical. I would apply but Che Guevara would last longer in The White House.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Like the Portugese ATCO who got the job of drafting the JAA Air Law….
Sorry – I can’t help being cynical. I would apply but Che Guevara would last longer in The White House.

Ah but if he ever got in, they’d never get him out again because he would have got his mate Fidel to shoot anyone who wanted him out

Just think of the endless days of fun, and profit, you could have on the Eurocrats gravy train

Last Edited by Jonzarno at 24 Jul 19:17
EGSC

I know some of the papers were re-written recently…. looks like EASA have had many complaints that some of these new questions were totally irrelevant to European pilots…. eg using Australian local time for calculations !!!

But here’s a chance to get relevant questions for the various topics by hopefully suitably qualified pilots for whichever qualification ie PPL/CPL/ATPL etc etc.

So many flying schools just say “just get the pass mark”…. but surely it should be to get stuff stuck into pilots heads, and here I mean the students and low hours because hopefully with gaining more and more experience some things become ingrained by use, to make competent and safe pilots.

Could always go USA style where ALL the subjects are sat in one exam…..then how much would be being retained in the short-term memory.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message