Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Eurocontrol aircraft performance database

If you can email me the full details I will pass it to the contact I have.

My email is in my profile.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just found http://contentzone.eurocontrol.int/aircraftperformance - perhaps well known to some. How correct is it for your respective acft types?

That's an interesting find!

The climb data for mine looks optimistic. Not saying it is impossible but the CHTs would be "interesting"...

I've also never heard of the TB20 being called "Pashosh".

Administrator

Same here: optimistic on the climb data, but on the cruise too. Are they maybe using categories rather than exact data per aircraft type?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I've also never heard of the TB20 being called "Pashosh"

I googled and found it is Hebrew and means warbler (bird) - guess the Israeli Air Force called their TB20s "Pashosh".

edited: see also

EDxx, Germany

Mine isn't to be found, though it does have an ICAO type code: AFOX.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

For the p28a, it seems realistic. But because it wont go up to FL150, there is no data for the climb rate between 5000 and FL150, which is a shame as I would have been interested in that figure. I guess these are rough figures for someone in the industry not familiar with type and wants some quick figures. Or maybe this servers as a source for a round of EuroControl top trumps over coffee breaks.

I think Eurocontrol use that data to estimate the EET, and chuck out your flight plan if the EET you file is outside certain limits.

They also use the operating ceiling figure to chuck out the flight plan if you file for a higher level. I got them to change the "TRIN" (TB20 or TB21) value from FL200 to FL240, because I found that one could not file above FL200, which my TB20 can't exceed but a TB21 certainly can. In fact I was astonished it took almost 20 years for that one to come to light! Either they were not implementing the ceiling checking, or no TB21 owner ever tried to file above FL200, which I find astonishing because if I had a TB21 I would certainly be doing that because the routings become much better (e.g. you can fly across Paris instead of doing the massive dogleg).

All "I" flight plans go to Eurocontrol, though they don't necessarily become usable in the UK afterwards if you file for a level deemed "beneath" London or Manchester Control.

Administrator

Eurocontrol have clearly spent a lot on this - there is even a slick mobile interface.

Surely they have more important things to spend their money on?

EGEO

I got them to change the "TRIN" (TB20 or TB21) value from FL200 to FL240, because I found that one could not file above FL200, which my TB20 can't exceed but a TB21 certainly can. In fact I was astonished it took almost 20 years for that one to come to light!

How did you do that? Cruise is FL160 which is a joke for a turbo normalized aircraft, climb is about 1200ft/min at SL and 600ft/min at 90kt up to FL190 and not 200ft/min. It wasn't 20 years as they updated the performance date in April. I had a phone call with Eurocontrol, they told me that this version of the BADA data base holds the manufacturers data from the least performant variant of the type. Which is a bad move for all types with turbo and normal aspirated variants on the same type designator.

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message