Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European PPL and foreign plane reg

Hello,

I was wondering if with a european PPL (PART FCL) you can fly in Europe a airplane registered in Morocco (CN-) ?
They are not member state but have working arrangement…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Wouldn’t that be a question for the Moroccan aviation authorities? I do not think there is anything in EASA regs that prevents an EASA license holder to fly on third-country airplanes.

LFPT, LFPN

Yes; it is up to the State of Registry of the aircraft to decide what privileges (if any) a license/rating issued by another ICAO Contracting State gives the pilot of the aircraft of that registration.

So it is up to the CAA of Morocco to decide this. They could accept a Mongolian PPL for worldwide VFR if they wanted to

For example, the UK used to accept any ICAO PPL for a G-reg, worldwide VFR, but c. 2012 this privilege was narrowed down to “non EASA” aircraft e.g. Annex 2 (and maybe ultralights?).

EASA is nothing to do with this unless an EASA license (or a license issued by any European country) has a limitation on it, limiting it to a specific aircraft registration. I don’t think any PPLs issued in Europe have such a limitation.

Some CPLs and ATPLs do have such a limitation if they were issued on the back of another ICAO CPL or ATPL, for commercial operations, and such licenses were basically intended to be limited to aircraft on the registry of the country which did the license validation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There may be a clue here.

This is part of the Moroccan air law pertaining to validation of foreign licenses. So unless there is some other arrangement which give blanket approval of EASA licenses, it looks like you need to get your license validated by Moroccan authorities.

LFPT, LFPN
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message