Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European Tour Aug-Sept 2022 - Part 2

EBKT is definitely closer to Ghent than EBOS. Depending on the time & season, the road traffic between Oostende and Ghent will be busier as well.

EBST, Belgium

Fellow American living in Europe here. Sounds like a great trip! If you have time for one extra stop, I would add Gdansk to your list (EPGD). Stunning coastal city that ranks among my favorite stops in Europe so far. Also super GA friendly. You may want to consider Antwerp rather than Kortrijk, only because it’s very easy to get the train to Ghent/Bruges as well as Amsterdam. Antwerp itself is also a nice place to visit.

EHRD, Netherlands

Thanks for the intel! My wife and I have hit Italy and Austria pretty hard over the last 20 years. Love both and can’t wait to go back… but this trip is focused on countries we’ve never been to before.

👍

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks Emir, I’ll check them out.

United States

Hey Dutch, thanks for that!

We looked at five cities in Poland before picking Wrocław.

Gdańsk, Warsaw, Krakow, Poznan, and Wrocław. I am certain that all 5 are worth a visit for different reasons.

Looking for GA friendly, quick transfer from airport to hotel/city center, a place that can be ‘seen’ in a day, etc.

That said, and we will have just been in Reykjavik, Bergen, and Copenhagen… Does moving inland give us a different feel or would you move Gdansk to the top of the list?

(I always feel the need to explain again… yes, I understand that this is no way to see Europe… But this is really more about the flying and hoping to get a flavor of some places for us to visit properly later…)

United States

I guess that’s a matter of personal taste, but Gdańsk can definitely be seen in a day, and it has a really interesting history as a haven during WW2. Also I tend to favor coastal cities for the beautiful approaches and waterfront views.

And on the contrary, a personal aircraft is a fantastic way to see Europe! Short city trips are fantastic and also popular with Europeans, so no need to explain yourself. BTW I just did a trip to Stavanger, which definitely sits near the top of my favorite destinations. I’m sure Bergen will also not disappoint! I’d recommend getting a small speedboat tour of the fjords if you can, because the close up view is stunning.

EHRD, Netherlands
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message