Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Examiner designation for the initial IR / CPL skills test

The CAA has just released a helpful portal (here) for getting them to designate an examiner for the initial test.

Previously you e-mailed them, and could also ask for a particular examiner to be designated. This meant that going to Euroland (where examiners do not charge £826 fee but more like €300) was significantly cheaper.

Now you have to pay the CAA when requesting the designation… nice way that they’re protecting their staff examiners for CPL/IR initial tests with their £826 fees there…

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Get an EASA license. Examiners available! I can get you in touch!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy
Get an EASA license. Examiners available! I can get you in touch!

Many of us in Europe in the coming year will want to ‘convert’ their FAA IR’s to EASA IR’s.
Details of Examiners who do not charge CAA horrendous fees would be very welcome.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Peter_G wrote:

Details of Examiners who do not charge CAA horrendous fees would be very welcome.

None of examiners in Croatia (and AFAIK Austria and Slovenia) charges such ridiculous fees. Last time I paid something like €100.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

100-300 depending on license and rating. I usually pay 150 for my IR revalidation. PN me happy to help.

always learning
LO__, Austria

In France for IR it’s 250E initial if you use DGAC examiner, +200E if you use independent and as low as 50E for renewals
The 1000E fee for CAA IR initial is good reason not to fail

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Dec 10:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I don’t think there’s an option now NOT to pay the CAA fee if you are licensed in the UK. Certainly there used to be as I did it myself in Spain.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

You can still transfer SOLI until 31/12.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

You can still transfer SOLI until 31/12.

Which EASA countries still allow this? (assuming one is fine with 2 months without a licence, does not matter much for lockdown simulator flying )

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Dec 17:38
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@Ibra, you could try AustroControl. They were extremely quick and efficient when I did mine 2 years ago. Any issue prob99 would lie with the CAA….

12 Posts
Sign in to add your message