Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Exeter EGTE 26 Feb 2023

10 Posts

A few of us did little EuroGA.org meet-up at Exeter EGTE.

We saw some parts – by the river – which I had been to before. Some really nice bits around the river.

Airport cost about £60 (1400kg) which prevents most UK GA going there but is fine for the occassional trip.

Poor service – even worse than usual – from Solent, with them being very slow to confirm/deny a transit. Eventually they did, after I told them I will have to “really plummet” to get down from 4500ft to < 2000ft in the available distance. Before that, Bournemouth didn’t get very far with them. They seem to really dislike Bournemouth; possibly an institutional thing due to Solent being NATS (i.e. gods) while Bournemouth is private.

I think this guy is looking for the latest version of some EASA reg

EuroGA database report

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Poor service – even worse than usual – from Solent, with them being very slow

Remember that you can also play the reporting game and file a MOR or FCS1522

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Can you do that if you did get a transit, but a late one?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Unlikely… If they denied it, then you can an excuse to file a 1521.

EGTR

A late clearance is a safety issue. It raises cockpit workload, forces you to plan a possible steep descent or turn, … IMO can definitely be reported in a “EU/international” spirit, not sure about UK spirit.

Looks like https://www.aviationreporting.eu/ still takes reports for the UK…

ELLX

Peter wrote:

Reformation theologian Richard Hooker, a kind of missing link between Catholicism and Anglicanism. Maybe a post-Brexit EASA reg?

Thank you for the writeup. Exeter is nice.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The text is :

Interaction with air navigation services (for example: incorrect services provided, conflicting communications
or deviation from clearance) which has or could have endangered the aircraft, its occupants or any other
person

So you could argue that a late denial would have resulted in very steep descent which could be aircraft endangerment.

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

lionel wrote:

not sure about UK spirit.

https://www.caa.co.uk/our-work/make-a-report-or-complaint/mor/occurrence-reporting/ clearly says that if it not in scope for a MOR (Mandatory Occurrence Report), make it a VOR (Voluntary Occurrence Report), and one “can use” aviationreporting.eu for either.

Last Edited by lionel at 27 Feb 13:44
ELLX

He is reading these extracts,

EASA Basic Regulation: Part 0, Section 000 (a) 1 (c)
Section I: No pilot or pilots, or person or persons acting on the direction or suggestion or supervision of a pilot or pilot may try, or attempt to try or make, or make attempt to try to comprehend or understand any or all, in whole or in part of the herein mentioned, Aviation Regulations, except as authorized by the administrator or an agent appointed by, or inspected by the Administrator.
Section II: If a pilot, or group of associate pilots becomes aware of, or realized, or detects, or discovers, or finds that he or she, or they, are or have been beginning to understand the Aviation Regulations, they must immediately, within three (3) days notify, in writing, the Administrator.
Section III: Upon receipt of the above-mentioned notice of impending comprehension, the Administrator shall immediately rewrite the Aviation Regulations in such a manner as to eliminate any further comprehension hazards.
Section IV: The Administrator may, at his or her discretion, require the offending pilot or pilots to attend remedial instruction in Aviation Regulations until such time that the pilot is too confused to be capable of understanding anything.

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 Feb 09:37
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

He is reading these extracts,

:-)

LFMD, France
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message