Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

F-reg TB-20 1000+hr inspections

Hi everyone
we are looking at a 1999 TB-20 with French reg.
The maintenance overview contains 50hr, 100hr, 400hr, 500hr and 1000hr inspections.
Does anyone know if there are any 2000hr or 6000hr inspections mandatory in EASA? I am curious if we are missing any mandatory inspection (private owner) in the overview. thanks!
Baris

Switzerland

Lack of replies is interesting, so perhaps this is more complex.

If there is nothing past 1000hrs in the MM, then you should not need to do it. I am not aware of mandatory EASA 2k hr+ inspections.

Even the ones in the MM may not be mandatory. Most companies like doing the whole MM schedule for revenue maximisation reasons and while using a freelance EASA66 mechanic may avoid this, there aren’t many of them around, and I believe you need to be on an SDMP for it – but an SDMP is based on the manufacturer MM as a baseline, so…

FWIW, on Part 91, calendar based actions are not legally mandatory unless in the Airworthiness chapter, but the FAA does not usually issue Type Certificates for blatently commercially driven actions in that section of the MM.

@antonio @snoopy may know.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

but an SDMP is based on the manufacturer MM as a baseline, so…

An SDMP can have either the manufacturer’s MM or the EASA MIP (Minimum Inspection Programme) as baseline. Ref. ML.A.302.(c)(2). Even if it is based on the manufacturer’s MM, you can remove or simplify individual items as long as the item does not become less restrictive than in the MIP. Ref. ML.A.302(c)(3) and GM to that paragraph.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

OK, so does EASA MIP contain any inspections beyond 1000hrs?

ML.A.302.(c)(2) googles to a lot of stuff, and most of it won’t be current.

Administrator

The MIP only contains a time limit of 110 hrs and/or 13 months between inspections, including its extensions.

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

The MIP only contains a time limit of 110 hrs and/or 13 months between inspections, including its extensions.

Nominally 100 hrs/12 months, but as you say there is some leeway.

Peter wrote:

ML.A.302.(c)(2) googles to a lot of stuff, and most of it won’t be current.

Try this.

9 huge docs at that address. I don’t have time – sorry.

@By9468840 – who suggested that the TB needs 2k or 6k hr inspections?

I have the latest (2006) MM/IPC CD. There is component specific stuff like this

and a load of stuff like this

but I can’t tell you if this is mandatory under Part M, for your aircraft.

A maint co. will want to do the whole lot because it’s great for revenue. On planes where owners just pay any size bill e.g. a TBM they do indeed do the whole lot.

A lot of this is blatent trade protection for the industry e.g. who will be tracking the age of some access door latches and doing NDT at 2000hrs?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

9 huge docs at that address. I don’t have time – sorry.

It’s pretty clear what document to read. But try this, it’s a direct link: https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/downloads/95788/en The document is indeed large, but there is a table of contents in the pdf metadata that any decent pdf reader should show you.

There is no point.

There is no doubt that the Socata MM contains enough work for somebody for weeks, just working through 100+ pages like the above.

The OP has not been back to say whether he is on SDMP.

Under N-reg Part 91 you don’t need to do any of this BS except the Annual. This is a GA plane, not the Lunar Module.

Under Part M, well it depends, doesn’t it – many threads on this topic

Administrator
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message