Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Finally got my Part 66 ticket

Is it possible to take the TK exams with self study? With a distance course?

The news says I shouldn’t leave my house because there is a beer infecting everyone.

Last Edited by Cttime at 12 Mar 11:11
Sweden

A post here contains some info on FAA A&P to EASA66 conversion.

I have known quite a lot of people who have done this.

Sadly there is no route from an FAA A&A/IA. Well… there is one, sort of… it is called a Part M Subpart G company (if I have got it right)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Great, how does it work? if you get 3 years of weekend job in Part-M & TK exams you can apply?

This is down to your national CAA. If you worked on weekends only, they will probably require you to have more than 3 calendar years, but may not insist on having 3 years’ worth of working days. Also, if you had technical training in a non-aviation field, they may or may not recognise it as relevant at their own discretion. Generally, there are a lot more discretionary aspects here than in pilot licensing.

Cttime wrote:

Is it possible to take the TK exams with self study? With a distance course?

Self-study is completely fine. In fact, I didn’t even have to study much – my master’s degree in experimental physics plus whatever my mechanical engineer grandfather taught me in my childhood covered at least 60% of the knowledge required :-)

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 12 Mar 13:06
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Easa Annex III to ED Decision 2019/009/R explains, what experience is required for Part-66 licence:

“Maintenance experience on operating aircraft:— means the experience of being involved in maintenance tasks on aircraft which are being operated by airlines, air taxi organisations, aeroclubs, owners, etc.,as relevant to the licence.”

So finally not only part-145 experience counts!

Poland

Ultranomad – question for you :)

B3 licence works for unpressurised piston planes MTOW less than 2000kg.
I have an STC for Seneca for 1999kg, however as we all know it is normally higher than 2000kg from factory.
Now – is B3 suitable for my plane??

Thanks!

Poland

This is also relevant – A&P to Part 66 conversion.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Raven, using the straightforward administrative logic, I think it is, but I think you’d better ask your authority for that.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message