Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

First flight of an original Fieseler Storch

Contrary to popular belief in some quarters I am actually cool as a cucumber about off topic stuff, politics, and such like. It all makes discussions more interesting. The forum would be too dry otherwise.

I move stuff to the off topic thread when

• a thread gets totally derailed
  • a technically specific or otherwise potentially valuable thread gets off topic posts

I almost never delete posts. This has been done when

• offensive stuff is posted
  • the number of irrelevant / off topic posts from a particular individual reaches some high threshold
  • occassionally, when I am merging old threads, I do a bit of “housekeeping”
  • spam
  • trolling
  • on the writer’s request (compromising or illegal activity was mentioned )

I don’t edit somebody’s post except on request, or to replace words like f—k with f**k which is less likely to result in EuroGA being blocked in corporate firewalls (looking at the overall traffic stats, the majority of readers seem to read it at work ).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

what_next wrote:

Therefore even museum pieces and replica planes of those days must not show these symbols.

This is not entirely correct. You can legally use swastikas when appropriate for educational purposes (a museum piece certainly qualifies) even in works of art. German WWII films made in the recent times often include them as well (Der Untergang does, for example, IIRC).

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message