Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

London - Graz VFR

I’m general advice for a vfr flight from london area to graz lowg area. What’s the max fl they will let you use vfr? Thanks!

always learning
LO__, Austria

From London you will climb step by step below the Class A.
In France, VFR is no problem up to FL115. Germany too but I’m not sure.
Belgium should be ok, once you get the right Brussel Control frequency (airspace is mainly controlled). You may ask your previous FIS to call Brussel and ask which frequenvu is the sector ahead.
Which aircraft do you think you’ll fly ?

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

Germany too but I’m not sure
General Class C in Germany starts at FL 100, apart from the Alpine region, where the floor is at FL 130. Chances for a VFR clearance into that airspace vary, but if your are a little flexible concerning your routing, you should be able to get what you want. Only in the Frankfurt area I had no luck so far below oxygen FL’s.

Friedrichshafen EDNY

Thx for the advice so far. High performance single engine piston turbo with oxygen. FL200 would be good ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

I can offer you FL190 max :-)

EBST, Belgium

FL190 max? Or Fl 210, 230, 250 also?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Autorouter will no longer let me plan VFR segments above FL195. I remember having read it is somehow no longer possible?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Class A above FL195. IR-members only ;-)

EBST, Belgium

Isn’t generally class C above FL195 but with a restriction of no VFR in this class C?

Wasn’t that the intention to try and reduce the number of airspace classes across Europe?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

airways wrote:

Class A above FL195. IR-members only ;-)

Touché. Over the channel as well? Belgium? Germany (should be Class C)?
Thanks!

always learning
LO__, Austria
45 Posts
Sign in to add your message