Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Can you use an aerodrome outside its opening hours

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I am not aware of airfields which are like this. Most of them don’t have night lighting anyhow so they are daylight only. To my knowledge there are no H24 airfields at all, not even ZRH and GVA are.
Yeah, you’re right, I meant VFR-day only. SS or HRH (end of civil-twilight) is the max for landings, however starts are only allowed up to 19 or 20 LT. Airfields like these are for example: Kägiswil, Raron, Reichenbach, Wangen-Lachen etc.

However, airports like Buochs can also be used NVFR by activating the lights by three clicks on the frequency (advantage during wintertime), but starts are only allowed up to 20 LT (landings for home-based aircraft up to 22, not mentioned in the AIP).

In Slovakia, controlled airports can also be used after closing time. You just need PPR, but thats not a big deal if you don’t need handling. Little tricky are the separate frequencies for blind transmissions, which are only mentioned in some long texts in the AIP. Public uncontrolled airfields can be used any time during VFR-day and don’t ‘close’. If they have lights, you can even use them NVFR.

Switzerland
21 Posts
Sign in to add your message