Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK licence holders - ORS1374 released (corona / covid virus concessions)

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/1374.pdf local copy

ORS1374 released for UK EASA licence holders, basically extends medicals and ratings to 22 November 20 if you are due. Please read carefully as there are a number of aspects and caveats, but this is a great piece of work by the CAA.

Along with many FIs and FEs who I am sure will be keen to help, I will be happy to help with remote briefing and signing action.

Last Edited by MattL at 07 Apr 14:51
Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

That’s really interesting

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would check insurance cover before availing yourself of this exemption

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

While the general move is to be welcomed (and I think it is expected and required rather than a great piece of work), that document hardly makes for easy reading.

Do I read correctly that I still need an examiner to actually sign my ratings page to gain an extension under this exemption? Can’t be good for either social distancing or getting licences lost in our creaking postal system.

In any case I have no contact with any examiners on a personal level, and if all the ATOs/DTOs are shut then how am I supposed to solicit the services of one? I do hate oh so very much this CAA assumption that, as a private pilot, I am almost required to be a customer of one of the training organisations they approve.

I am rather keen to keep my IR(R).

Last Edited by Graham at 07 Apr 15:16
EGLM & EGTN

Insurance cover is not affected, you will have valid and legal rating / medical.

@Graham

The briefing can be done remotely and the Examiner (or FI with FCL945 privileges) emails you a SRG1100 temp certificate extending the validity. No face to face required.

MattL wrote:

The briefing can be done remotely and the Examiner (or FI with FCL945 privileges) emails you a SRG1100 temp certificate extending the validity. No face to face required.

Gotta keep the paperwork mill in business I suppose. Only the Brits could come up with telephone briefings and everyone needing signatures as a solution to this.

What’s wrong with just saying “for any of the following sorts of ratings, read any expiry date in the range 16 March 2020 – 31 October 2020 as a date of 22 November 2020”.

As I said, I don’t know any examiners – or at least none that I would want to use. If the businesses that employ them are closed, and the CAA does not by their nature provide access to examiners directly, what is one supposed to do. I know enough instructors, but I don’t think they can extend an IR(R).

EGLM & EGTN

@Graham

To be fair think they are only operating in accordance with the EASA exemption scope

More than happy to sort you out via phone or whatever works for you for your IRR – just drop me a message through here

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message