Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to generate a route EGKA-LIMW-EGKA without landing?

What’s wrong with filing two flight plans and put some RMK in the first one (like NO LDG APPR ONLY)? E.g. Croatian CAA requires this if you take off from one airport, practice approaches on another then fly back to the first airport and land there.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

That would trigger the UK quarantine, I think, because it will show up as a flight from Italy.

I am also wondering about a slightly different routing, where I go there east of Paris and come back west of Paris, and with a high pressure in the middle I should have a tailwind on both flights

There were claims posted here that the AR can do A-A flights but it seems it can’t – or maybe not in this case for some reason.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

What’s wrong with filing two flight plans and put some RMK in the first one (like NO LDG APPR ONLY)? E.g. Croatian CAA requires this if you take off from one airport, practice approaches on another then fly back to the first airport and land there.

Interesting! The Swedish ATC explicitly disallows that. You have to put the wheels on the ground. I once did essentially what you suggested and ATC refused me to close the first flight plan and open the second. I had to divert back to the first airport while still on the first flight plan.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

There were claims posted here that the AR can do A-A flights but it seems it can’t – or maybe not in this case for some reason.

It can (I have done it). But if you want to go somewhere special you have to enter that place as a fly-by waypoint. What happens when you try?

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 08 Nov 13:51

I guess “no landing FPL restriction” is similar to “closing FPL while airborne”? it will be interesting to see an ATC who does allow one but not the other?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

But if you want to go somewhere special you have to enter that place as a fly-by waypoint. What happens when you try?

I did, and it could not find a route.

Maybe it can’t do it with a VFR segment in the middle, or a VFR segment to and from the fly-by WP.

If somebody can make it work, I am interested

It is of course possible to hack a route together, using the usual tricks, and using some validation gateway (I used to have a private one but it stopped working a while ago), but it may not validate on a given future date.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I did, and it could not find a route.

Maybe it can’t do it with a VFR segment in the middle, or a VFR segment to and from the fly-by WP.

If somebody can make it work, I am interested

I got it to work with this route:

N0110F040 SFD/N0114F080 DCT UNDUG/N0115F090 DCT RINTI/N0118F120 B3 VATRI G40 ARSIL B13 SOMDA A6 DJL A1 DINOX/N0115F090 A1 SPR VFR DCT CERVI DCT SPR/N0115F080 IFR G5 PAS/N0117F110 G5 MURRO A3 DOMOD H20 KOVAK A34 BENAR H20 LGL/N0114F080 A34 LISEU DCT DEMOM/N0113F070 DCT NEVIL DCT DRAKE

I asked autorouter to make a route to and from EGKA via SPR. Then I took the result and manually inserted a VFR segment SPR-CERVI-SPR.

That one has a huge dogleg

I guess one can’t route the flight back west of Paris without that…

It will be better to do both east of Paris – a lot shorter. It is 462×2 nm, if it works, which it should

Administrator

I once flew from Gloucestershire to Ibiza, flied as two IFR flights with a 1 hr stop in Limoges to refuel. As we approached Limoges thunderstorms rolled in. I called up ATC and requested diversion to Ibiza due weather. ATC didn’t bat an eyelid and basically stitched the two routes together.The only confusion happened when I arrived in Ibiza and the handling agent wasnt expecting me because the second flight was never activated per their system.

Perhaps you could do something similar by filing to and from Sion which is v close to the matterhorn.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Also, why not file it as Shoreham to say Goodwood via say CERVI, then divert from Goodwood back to Shoreham

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message