Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A354 Metric Hardware

Good Evening everyone, I’m located in the US (Broward County, Fl) fairly close to Socata in Pompano and new to the group; just signed up last night.

I’m a very happy TB20 owner and would like to know if anyone has any idea where I can acquire the ASTM A354 B C hardware on your side of town. It is very difficult to acquire in the US. I’ve tried many metric dealers and Mfg’s but seems an alien language to most, usually replying “the only Metric we carry is M10.9 and 12.9 course fine and extra fine”

You might ask, why not buy from Socata in Pompano?, well they seem to stock an abundance of TBM parts but for us TB’s they only stock a very small variety of stuff and usually have to request from factory which takes long and crazy pricing.

Therefore please, if anyone has information where I can get the A354 hardware, please advise.

Thank You!!!

av8rAl
KHWO, United States

ASTM A354BC are SAE/imperial sized bolts, no?

You can get metric aviation hardware from APS or possibly from Johann Maier.

https://www.aps-aviation.com/

https://www.johann-maier.de/assets/files/European%20Standard%20Parts_Issue%2002_2019.pdf local copy

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Thank You MH, I shall reach out to them tomorror…
greatly appreciate the info.

av8rAl
KHWO, United States

There is no “standard” in GA for metric – unlike in the US where you have the MS AN etc stuff – and e.g. Socata are well known for exploiting this, with stuff like this where a screw is being sold at 5x to 20x the price it should be. BTW I still have stock of these, which I bought a huge bag of some years ago, from a former Socata dealer.

See also here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

There is no “standard” in GA for metric

Actually, it’s the opposite, metric standards for the aerospace industry do exist, but there have been too many different ones: Russian (OST 1 family), Czech (ONL), French (NFL)… However, now there are a few pan-European EN ones (see references e.g. here).

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message