Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Area 51

This article appeared in the Wail recently.

The article and associated pics seem entrirely plausible but I’m seriously surprised he got a clearance through there. Even more surprised he published the story in a newspaper.

(Copied from Airnav.com. Las Vegas bottom centre, Groome Lake, supposed location of Area 51 top left where it says R-4808N).

This was my home stomping ground out of VGT (North Las Vegas) for many years and still an annual pilgramage for the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) except this year, where I’m sitting at home in England writing this instead!. The route North out of Vegas runs between 12,000’ Mt Charleston and the edge of the Restricted, conveniently demarked by the I-95 freeway and I’ve many times cruised along there at 10,000’ peering into the mysterious mountain ranges to the NW.

I did once overnight in Tonopah, out to the west, and in the morning ask for a direct route through the Restricted to my favourite airport in the world, St. George Utah. (This route would have been close to Groome Lake). Somewhat surprised at what I thought I’d heard. I read back – “Cleared direct St George” – only to get an urgent reply – “No,no, you have to go round it. Negative direct”. Maybe it was my British accent, but I’ve never tried again (Or overnighted in Tonopah – cold and very basic stopover in January).

Has anyone else on here tried getting such a clearance VFR?

Last Edited by Aveling at 08 Jan 10:19
EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Amazing that he would post his name and pictures.
Probably a “controlled” leak.

LFOU, France

“Mystery ‘triangle shape’ is spotted in Area 51 hangar”
Bah, boring, just ’nother one of these anti gravity drones the Marsians lost last century in the desert….

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message