Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Not for the Feint of Heart (paramotor at 17500ft)

@Maoraigh

He confirms 26 degrees F @ 15000, and he went to 17.5. Definitely cold.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Would make quite the „thump“ on a heavy scooping him up at 400 knots.

„Hey Bob, d‘you hear that?“

„Yeah, must‘ve been a big one, let’s text MX si they’re ready to scoop the remains off the plane.”

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Would make quite the „thump“ on a heavy scooping him up at 400 knots.

could easily destroy the airframe sufficiently that a crash would be the likely outcome.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Jokes aside, see and avoid is required by every aircraft in US Class E airspace in VMC, and ATC contact is not required for VFR in Class E – which means almost everywhere below 18,000 ft.

The difference that I can see between a Part 91 operation and this Part 103 operation is that it’s clear a Mode C transponder and ADS-B Out is required between 10,000 and 18,000 for Part 91, although not below. That does assist ATC in vectoring IFR operations around other traffic, when it exists in VMC. I can’t figure out what’s required for high altitude under Part 103 except that there is no altitude limit below 18,000, above which IFR is mandatory as this guy understood. Parachute descents are legal with no equipment up to 18,000 ft.

I still can’t believe a little two-stroke would keep running well enough to get him up to that altitude, versus being unbelievably rich, fouling the plug etc.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 13 Nov 23:03

My understanding of Part 103 and where he was this was 100% legal.

Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

My understanding of Part 103 and where he was this was 100% legal.

99% legal, perhaps. At one point he clearly didn’t meet the cloud clearance requirements in FAR 103.23.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The word is that people get married in the gliding club

So true (talking about myself and many others )

Last Edited by Ibra at 14 Nov 15:35
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I have a photo from a flight Germany-France in a friend’s Mooney over the Black Forest at FL80-100 of a Para-glider about 1000ft below… nutter!!

18 Posts
Sign in to add your message