Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Extra cost for late landing ?

The extra charge, that Portoroz (LJPZ) put on the invoice, was 100€.
Since it has been confirmed as correct by management, no reason not to mention them.
So, just plan to land there way early: a go-around, weather, anything making you leave the airport after 20:00 in summer (or the equivalent in winter), even when you landed well within the opening hours, may mean you pay extra.

EDM_, Germany

I can understand why you are annoyed. I would be too.

Compare your experience to an experience I had flying into Le Touquet a number of years ago. I landed just 1 minute before the end of ATC time. Just after landing I was given taxi clearance and told my parking space and told that upon reaching I could shut down and leave the frequency and “Goodnight”. As I reached the parking area the door at the bottom of the ATC tower opened and the (presumably ATC) jumped on his motor bike and ride off.

While I didn’t expect to be locked airside or chucked out, we were concerned that we could be locked airside so one of us when inside to ask when they would lock up and if the did, was there a way we could exit ourselves. The response was “I’ll lock up when you are out. There is no rush. Take your time.”
We did make a deliberate effort to hurry up and get ourselves out as quickly as we could. About 10 minutes after ATC closing time we had the aircraft shut down, covered up and our overnight gear taken out. As we exited the terminal and said good night, the guy asked where we were staying, and very kindly gave us a lift to the door of our hotel.
No extra charge of course.

€100 for being airside for 15 minutes after the last landing was permitted is a bit much. Obviously there is no way to land at closing time and be landside the same minute.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
42 Posts
Sign in to add your message