Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft the weekend of Feb 03-03 2024

After many years of hard work, my handling company is finally taking-off. Working overtime. Taking-off means just many non-paying users and astronomical cost burn rates, all as it should be in today’s economy. Today a bunch of Swiss Rebels needed to be attended. And such folks would surely not pay anyway. But thanks for the wine & chocolate Dan!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Jujupilote wrote:

I am interested by the ground tracks of those holds

OK, happy to share. It’s a good and fresh looking non-standard pear (left holding above ERF), as it should be (well more or less). Maybe I may add in my favor that I flew all this without moving map.

This picture shows the Panel indication upon entry (on the track where the plane is in the track above but a bit further away)

VOR ERF is right at the side of Autobahn A4, my inbound holding track goes right towards it (not where the tracks cross, but further south). Doing 175 knots I overshot a bit doing the parallel entry. The parallel track (on 85 kts GS) was a bit too far in the wind, but better than getting blown off. Did 55 knots in the turn back to waypoint, that’s why it is so tiny. I also kept my track on the holding side to not get blown into the non-holding side. Operative task was to get the inbound track right, else I’d have had to do a second pattern. Did 160 knots in the turn towards inbound track. And boy am I proud that I nailed that inbound track right from the beginning.

By the way: that below is high speed approach configuration, gear and flaps up, cruise power doing 125 knots true (ground speed tells a different story)

Last Edited by UdoR at 06 Feb 18:27
Germany

As a compensation for not flying myself, I got a ride in A320’s cockpit with old friend of mine, passionate aviator, captain and aircraft builder.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Nice @Emir! I wish I can do that one day.

ELLX, Luxembourg

UdoR wrote:

OK, happy to share. It’s a good and fresh looking non-standard pear (left holding above ERF), as it should be (well more or less). Maybe I may add in my favor that I flew all this without moving map.

Impressive. I have done practise holds in similar conditions and they looked not nearly as nice as yours. Of course my TAS was 90 kt…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

@Aart, your handling company, assuming the actual standards can be maintained, is promised to a bright future. The indecent flaps position parking rule seems to have been relaxed, and this can only help a fledgling company such as this one.

Most of the gang is heading back to its home turf tomorrow, so peace will eventually return to your island… for a short while.
Again, thanks for your excellent services, and let’s hope you could still enjoy your cold lunch

Ibiza North, westbound

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

aart wrote:

Rebels needed to be attended

Nice to see rebels are now coming in proper craft rather than the more usual unsafe skiffs, even if some of them needed propeller firmly held blade-in-hand lest they come off…

They are even wearing proper lifevests….getting more and more civilised today’s rebels….maybe one day they will even pay their handling dues and you’ll make a living out of it @aart! Next you realize they will be walking down their craft’s airstairs upon arrival…

Last Edited by Antonio at 07 Feb 19:13
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Another trip to Bologna and back over 6 days. The plans for the crazy relocation to Tuscany are progressing well and we are hoping to officially move there in April. Nothing out of the ordinary about the flights and airport, other than to note that I continue to be amazingly impressed with the handling company at Bologna – TAG – their prices are so reasonable for a “real” airport as to be almost unbelievable. Euro 158 for 6 days, of which only E48 goes to TAG and JetA is only E1.60 a litre.

Last Edited by Buckerfan at 07 Feb 20:01
Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

not sure this still fits in this thread… nevertheless, and who cares anyway….

The Swiss armada has safely returned to its Winter quarters, and it was one hell of a sortie (again)
No less than 7 aircraft left the surely bonds of the homeland on Monday to rejoin one of their peer already seeking Spanish asylum… most had different routings, probably befitting the wide array of renegades. Aircraft types varied as in one each of: Pulsar XP, Wheeler Express, Cherry BX-2, and the usual RV crop (-4, -6.9i, -8, -12, 14A). All rejoined at LEMU for food and drinks…

Second day saw most heading to the Islas Baleares for the usual LESL lunch.
Third day was anybody’s guess, but for the requisite Requiera lunch.
Fourth day is go home kiss the wife and kids (or whomever) day.

All went well, we unfortunately missed @Antonio, but @Aart pursued his perfect service which I can heartily recommend to all. By all means not cheap, but the best I’ve ever encountered.

A couple of impressions…

LEMU & the gang, day #1

Day #2, approaching Formentera, South of Ibiza, and its promoted “very relaxed vibe”…

Day #2, substandard picture into my favourite field LE361

Day #3, into LE400, guess which one is the 1/1 runway

Day #3, canyon flying and surprises

Day #3, about to turn finals 30 at Requera

Day #4, over Lake Annecy, Mt Blanc hiding away…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Day #4, over Lake Annecy, Mt Blanc hiding away

Thanks @Dan now I know how it looks my view was a bit different few weeks ago.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message