Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Belgium again ? Perhaps not !

I suspect this below is the same document as from ‘pioucandco’ which another kindly guy put up for me on the LAA forum – I could not resist one more try !

mike hallam.

Re: CAA announce 8.33 Hand Held Radios are Legal
*by Donald Walker » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:20 pm
*Mike,
*All foreign aircraft which lack a CofA are required to obtain permission to fly in Belgium. Simple as that. What UK pilots object to is having to pay for the privilege.
*It is all explained in this Royal Decree http://reflex.raadvst-consetat.be/reflex/pdf/Mbbs/2009/04/16/112680.pdf

Last Edited by mike_hallam at 07 Dec 23:59

If you can make out the Teutonic, check what our only German-language club have to say about the matter:

http://www.feuervogel.be/de/02_pilotinfos/ueberfluggebuehr.html

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I did my best Jan, but I stopped speaking German 20 years ago !

Thus I can’t tell if it means German visitors are inhibited by fear of the Eu87 tax, but need not pay (?) and in fact only Belgian residents with French reg a/c must pay ? Or do all visitors however brief get dunned ? [The Eu87 cup of coffee !]

mike

No, Mike, the Feuervogel club takes pains to convince visitors from Germany that they need not fear the tax (which was 87 euro originally but has since followed inflation, through our famous “index” model). They stress they particularly inquired with the Brussels authorities, but they are not writing publicly that one need not be worried. It seems obvious to me that our CAA convinced them that they were not to worry, and neither should their foreign visitors – but it is somewhat understandable that the CAA would not like to see the fact publicly announced, hence Feuervogels recommendation to call them in case of doubt.

And yes, the tax IS meant for Belgian based planes on foreign registry.

BTW if my memory serves, your source PatoWalker has or at least used to have good connections in southern Belgium, he should be able to get confirmation.

(pour la petite histoire iow fully off-topic: this German speaking territory of less than 100.000 people was annexed by Belgium after WW1, reverted to Germany in 1940 and back to Belgium in 1945. Inhabitants of proper sex and age were conscripted to the German forces, and promptly accused of collaborating with the enemy after the war. The amnesty law to correct this was only passed in 1989. Vive la Belgique! )

Last Edited by at 08 Dec 12:59
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message