Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Plane rental in Phuket, Thailand

Hi all!
Is there anyone, who has experience with plane rental on Phuket, Thailand?
I’ve tried to contact Phuket Airpark, but they’ve requested fantastic US$500/hr for C172.

EVCA

Search for a chap calling himself EAL on here, he should be able to point you in the right direction.

I have just finished building a tent hanger at Phuket Airpark for my aircraft, so I know it very well.

Unfortunately the concept of self fly rental does not exist in Thailand outside the older flying clubs and even then it only marginally works for existing established members due to a variety of legal restrictions making owning an aircaft akin to owning a lethal weapon…

Phuket Airfield is probably the most expensive of the places to rent due to its location, and the fact it is the only club South of Bangkok, add in the USD 2.70 per Litre cost of AVGAS here results in the price you have been quoted which would also include a pilot no doubt.

AFAIK, there is a slightly cheaper alternative available in Phuket – a Rotax powered Zenair CH701, which costs USD 270 per hour with instructor, but only seats two. The scenery out by the Airpark is breathtaking….. at a cost. :-(

Alternatively there are much cheaper options near Bangkok. http://www.thaiflyingclub.com/ is the oldest Thai flying club, and their aircraft reflect that too. :-)

This is the main reason most of us resident GA pilots end up owning our own aircraft, or as part of a syndicate.

If you are coming to Phuket, let me know and if I am around, I can show you the Airpark.

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Thanks, EAL, for such a great explanation. I’ve expected something like that.

I’ve spent on Phuket last month and going to stay here a month more (except visa-run – Mar, 18-22).
So, perhaps, can you PM me your phone number? I can actually drive to airpark at any time suitable for you.

EVCA
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message