Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is the Rocketroute site getting slower and slower?

Anybody here with the same problem? I think the autoroute,validate, file actions take longer and longer. This evening it is so slow it is at the point of being close to useless.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

No wonder, the number of RAD rules grows by the day

But seriously, the last few times I tried rocket route, something didn’t work at all, either I couldn’t log in or I couldn’t file…

LSZK, Switzerland

Haven’t noticed it. Had a problem recently with fuel being said to be insufficient when it wasn’t. Speed OK. They are working on a new interface maybe that is affecting things.

EGTK Oxford

Hi Guys,

Sebastian, we saw your message and hope we can help resolve it.
Firstly if you experience any slowness on loading a page see if it is fast on m.rocketroute.com
This is a version of the same pages but without the map.
That way we can isolate if there was a google maps problem.
Also make sure to send an email to [email protected] with the exact URL you are having problems with.
(and saying “all pages” does not help us, so one example would be good)

JasonC, as for the insufficient fuel, yes that was a consequence of introducing high performance aircraft calculations
We added a module for Airbus and Boeing aircraft and introduced a monitor for fuel load.
This was not disabled for basic aircraft calculations and was occasionally causing that error message (depending on your fuel load)
This should have been fixed and if it has not been fixed please email [email protected] or call our ops team
We need to know the aircraft you are using and loading specifics where you get that message so we can reproduce it.

Usually we can fix any issues within a few hours but would appreciate an email to [email protected].
If you are not getting satisfaction ask the ops team to escalate the issue to their manager, but please give them a fair chance to fix it.

Hi Tom,

If you were unable to file please let us know immediately.
Firstly we can file for you in urgent cases from our ops center (just call our ops number)
Also we want to fix any issues you are experiencing but will need a bit more detail.
Please tell us immediately if you cannot file and send email to [email protected] we’ll get right on it

Apparently the very slow autoroute and filing was a special problem of yesterday night. Later things became better and I was able to somehow file my 2 plans for today. RR responded to my emails explaining they have solved the actual problem.
On a more general note I would appreciate if the filing could be made in less steps. In case things get slow it would be nice to enter departure destination time endurance and maximum acceptable route overhead and send it off and forget. Then if a route exists simply file it and send an email with the details. So even when it takes a moment the pilot would not be involved waiting for the individual processing steps.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Hi Sebastian,

Glad things have speeded up.
I would still like you to try http://m.rocketroute.com
This is a much faster version.
I take on board your suggestions and we will look at an even faster option
But I definitely would like you to try m.rocketroute.com as I think for now it may be the fastest solution
I use it myself when roaming on 3G to get plans in quickly.
You can also send your route requests by SMS
Just hit reply to one of your old ACK SMSs and type any request you want
It reaches the ops team for sure.

The mobile RR does seem to work well: this morning I filed a plan from my iPhone on a very slow GPRS connection with no problems.

EGSC

Hi Jon,
Glad to hear that works for you.
It was specifically designed for poor connections and low bandwidth.

9 Posts
Sign in to add your message