Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A little "local" today

A little post-maintenance shakedown flight

Norfolk coast from FL199

Norwich Radar said I can go to FL199 but said he is not allowed to provide a traffic service above FL195

But I think London Control phoned him up after a bit and bollocked him, because he then told me Class A base is FL190 and that I better go back down.

Actually I am pretty sure Class A (or Class C?) base up there is FL195, but “if you don’t ask you don’t get”

Picked up a reasonably decent GS in the descent

Down below the white fluffy stuff (I do have a cloud types poster in the downstairs toilet but you can tell I did my IR Met on the online QB ) it was pretty rough. Loads of low level traffic – avoided wholly by flying there and back at 3400ft. And the radio was like that TV episode where some bloke had to roll off the largest number of Monica Lewinsky jokes in 2 minutes

Last Edited by Peter at 08 Jun 15:18
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter you can go higher over Boscombe if coordinated the day before with London Mil.

EGTK Oxford

They tried to contact London Military but it didn’t look like they were working on a Sunday.

Anyway it would be a bit pointless with a TB20 on a summer day, to go much above FL200.

I reckon with not much fuel, the oxygen cylinder being the only luggage, and ISA, it would “eventually” make FL220.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message