Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

My next aircraft - 150 Knot 4 seater with good range???

I’m taller than that and no problem in a pre-GT TB. Just the back seats are very uncomfortable to my taste.

Jason, I’m 1,82 and when I used to fly a 1992 TB20, it was “right at the limit” I would say. But it really depends. Some people have long legs, some have a long upper torso. I agree, sit in one and see for yourself if you like it (not only the headroom ).

Last Edited by boscomantico at 30 Sep 15:13
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I am 6ft (183cm) too – and sitting very comfortably in my TB20 (1997) with David Clarks. Backrest is reclined a bit. Give it a try.

EDxx, Germany

I am 181 cm and didn’t have any problem in the pilot’s seat of a 1990 TB20 — even when wearing an immersion suit….

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Can anyone tell me if a pilot who is 6’ tall (183 cm), plus a headset, will have headroom problems in a pre-GT TB-20?

You should be fine. I’m 188cm and I do touch the ceiling, if not reclined (which I hate). No such issue in any Cessna. Try to sit in one (Peter?).

Mine is the GT model which has about 3 inches more headroom.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

1.88 and had no problems I can remember the only two times I flew one. Lovely plane.

But no forum expertise can replace a personal one.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I found the roof uncomfortably close to my head in a G1 TB20….I’m 182cm…..heaps of headroom in the Mooney

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Try the Commander..

Then you will know what a large cockpit is. At 6f6 (196cm) and 125kg I am a fairly tall and broadshoulderd guy.

I could copy myself .. And sit next to myself and while never touching each other.

Even in the backseat i can sit very comfortable!

The point is it’s not necessarily about the head or the headset permanently touching the ceiling. But even if you are only say two or three cm from the ceiling, it tends to feel uncomfortable.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message