Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA wants your route charges

Here

I don’t know what to think about this. In my opinion Eurocontrol is doing a good job (even though they (have to try to) solve political problems using technology), and given the size of the organisation they seem to be pretty pragmatic and easy to deal with to me. I can’t for the life of me imagine what good could come out of increased EASA involvement there…

LSZK, Switzerland

I like how in the second article on the webpage, the guy with the lavender tie uses the phrase “dense and exceptional workload context” to describe being busy.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 25 Nov 21:44

Quoting from the text linked above:

“We need to define a mechanism which would enable EASA to get access to route charges, with the clear understanding that it would result in a net decrease of the cost of such activities to airspace users.”

Nothing wrong with that I imagine?

EDDS - Stuttgart

One always writes this to allay the fears of the subjects. But adding layers of bureaucracy as far as I know never resulted in a cost reduction.

LSZK, Switzerland

If one looks at the already arcane way FABEC pricing and controller incentivisation are set up, I can’t see how bringin extra people on board the gravy train is going to make it simpler and cheaper :-)

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message