Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Check process for a delivery flight of my new plane :)

Haven’t we written about this 167 times here?

I do see where you are coming from. A quick Google search for example will bring up a discussion on the skydemon and onlineGAR forums about how quickly the situation is changing right now. There is a position forming on those forums to just throw one in anyway to be safe. Skydemon want to add a button to the flight plan form to file automatically for you… I think this feature is already there, but it doesn’t automatically appear due to the uncertainty.

So, as I mentioned I see where you are coming from but sometimes things change and it is prudent to check the situation. Last time I was doing international flights (across schengen boundaries) we printed off, hand wrote, and faxed a form to local police, immigration and special branch under some circumstances, for the way out as well as in.

EDHS, Germany

We may have discussed it many times but the value of a discussion remains as good as ever.

For a start, this stuff keeps changing. Not so long ago there was no email option; you had to fax it. Next, not many pilots are always off flying to XYZ and filing GAR forms.

Also there were recent proposals to, apparently, introduce a 2hr exit GAR requirement, apparently as a trade for the elimination of the 12hr exit and return GAR for Ireland etc. Nothing happened on that one as yet.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I agree it is all utterly confusing.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message