Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Accidental shot by a spotter

The other day my son and I was landing after a trip to Oppdal (ENOP) and Tynset (ENTY). When we landed, a spotter took pictures of a 747, and we got caught We are flying a Atec Zephyr 2000 from the club.

Below is a picture I took of another 747 when we taxied to parking.

747s are not regular at ENVA. They are way too big for normal handling. The runway itself is designed for it (Galaxies actually), but none of the commercial buildings or taxiways are nearly large enough. 3 of them comes 2-3 times each summer in a rather complex logistic maneuver. A Spanish cruise ship with 1500+ people docks at Trondheim. There the tourists, that already have taken a trip along the coast exits, and new ones enters. They are all brought to-from Trondheim by 3 747s landing at ENVA at the same time. From Trondheim to ENVA these 3000+ people are brought by buses. The whole operation takes only a couple of hours, which I find remarkably fast.

This time I was caught in the middle of it by a spotter. I saw the 747 landing before me on runway 27. I was given 09, and the tower told me to land far to overfly the 747s wings that almost enters the runway from the taxiway.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

the tower told me to land far to overfly the 747s wings that almost enters the runway from the taxiway.

now that’s a good one !
too bad you did not get that on camera

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

PapaPapa wrote:

too bad you did not get that on camera

I did. You see it in the picture I landed about 1/2 way down the runway 09. The 747 landed opposite on 27 and stopped at the very end. He then taxied onto the taxiway back 4-5 hundred meters meters. I landed when he taxied back. After I landed he taxied onto the runway again on the exit you see on the picture, then back on the runway until he reached the de-icing space where the first one already stood parked.

His wing didn’t actually cover the runway, but close enough for the tower to advice me to land far. It was also something about he should turn off the outer engines, which he didn’t seem to understand. His outer engines will blow up dust and grass if he apply some throttle. It is fun watching them taking off, they leave a cloud of dust behind them.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message