Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

How do you “send your location”?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Paperclip and “Location”.

That is really perfect. Thanks to you guys. I’m happy about autorouter and the permanent adding of new features. It makes ir flying much more comfortable.

EDDS , Germany

I tried the SMS gateway yesterday enroute to edqm, but unfortunately I didn’t get an answer to “WX EDQM”.

Any chance to verify at the routers end if the sms arrived at all?

The Telegram feature is wonderful, works flawless!

I can’t find any evidence of your SMS to the gateway and it worked correctly in a quick test. Are you sure you used the right phone number? Details are here.

autorouter: plates synchronization and aircraft profiles

A new batch of features for autorouter was released today.

AIP synchronization through WebDAV

While autorouter provides both a plates browser and offers you to email all required plates when you file a flight plan, many users have expressed the wish to be able to synchronize a set of plates (e.g. a few countries) to your mobile devices and keep the up to date with a simple click. This is accomplished through the WebDAV standard which is a web document access protocol supported by hundreds of applications and systems. Therefore instead of having to install yet another half-baked app, you can use your favorite document readers.

A simple browser interface to our WebDAV server is provided here which is basically a hierarchical view of all plates. You can click through it and view/download individual plates but it really starts to be useful when you use a WebDAV client to synchronize plates.

You can find more information on the wiki where we also offer tutorials on how to setup WebDAV on your devices. On iOS we use GoodReader, on Android FolderSync.

Aircraft Profile Enhancements

The next evolution in aircraft profiles was a much wanted feature by operators of larger aircraft. In the previous update, we added multiple performance settings (e.g. normal cruise, long range cruise), time to altitude climb profiles and holding settings. Now we’ve added the option to specify cruise settings for specific aircraft masses and atmospheric conditions. This means that the previous simple lists of power settings become a multi-dimensional hyper cube which took quite some effort to convert into an intuitive user interface.

Telegram Instant Messger BOT

Several enhancements to the BOT interface were made.

The NOTAM retrieval was enhanced to address a few shortcomings. Every returned NOTAM is assigned an ordinal, allowing you to display the full set information if you specify its ordinal.

For airports with too much NOTAM information to display in one Telegram message, we allow specifying an offset at which to start the display.

In addition we make the NOTAM/TAF retrieval easier by allowing a few synonyms in addition to the standard WX EDDS invocation: you can use “METAR EDDS” or “TAF EDDS” or just “EDDS”. If we see a four letter command and it matches an airport, we treat it as a METAR/TAF request. Even less typing.

The DWD subcommand for subscribers of the German Met Office’s pcmet product were enhanced and now offer almost all information found in pcmet.

achimha wrote:

In the previous update, we added multiple performance settings (e.g. normal cruise, long range cruise), time to altitude climb profiles and holding settings.

I don’t get the holding FF in the fuel plan, for whatever reason.

I’ve tried the SMS gateway with WX ESSA four times over the past two weeks. No response whatsoever.

I’m using the correct phone number and the number of my phone is in my autorouter user profile.

Telegram indeed works well!

Could you create a ticket with reference to a route please?

I’ve triple checked the phone nr and it’s correct. I get all the sms notifications when filing so my account has the correct nr as well. Very strange.

Sign in to add your message