Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

I signed up via www.autorouter.eu yesterday afternoon, but didnt receive the validation email until now.

If you try to login with the same credentials, there is an option to resend the verification email.

In the meantime, I cannot login via EuroGA, because the system tells me “account already registered via autorouter.eu”.

Yes, there are two different authentication methods, an account is identified by its email address and belongs to one method.

How do I delete a route in Routings?

If you try to login with the same credentials, there is an option to resend the verification email.

Thank you for the quick answer – still, no verification email either in my spam folder or in the proper emails.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

I should add that several % of people here on EuroGA have invalid email addresses (deliberately in a few cases ) or their inbox is full, so they won’t receive emails. The private messaging facility won’t work for them either. You may therefore like to verify your profile.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, but both not the case with me …

Yesterday and today I emailed the presently registered EuroGA membership and about 4% were bounced as spam. It was done with supposedly correct SPF records and from a major ISP, with a 30 second interval, so there is really no reason for this. Some ISPs run a pointlessly aggressive antispam system and are dropping many good emails.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I did receive your message, Peter.

@ Achim: Can you just delete my non-activated account so I’m able to sign in via EuroGA?

Phillip,

Shows you have been out of the IFR game for a long time. As Peter said it’s just part of today’s game.

It was even part of the game when I stil worked for an airline as a flight dispatcher. And we had the same problems when we built our airliner-flightplanner, so I know well enough what the game is, mabye it goes a bit further than the average Rocket Route user. My former colleagues still have 4 people working on route optimisation for that particular airline.

This whole IFPS flightplanning game has become pretty much a joke nowadays with very little pratical meaning. And ATC knows that.

We all know that. No matter, if there are methods to make what the “system”, no matter which one, generates, we should use them.

Nowadays, when I depart IFR in Germany and call up the departure controller, often the first thing they will say is “what is your requested level today?” This means they know that flighplanning is all bogus and they automatically assume that the filed level was chosen merely to get an acceptable routing…

quite a lot of ATC units do that. I am used to this request from Serbia and Croatia too. Basically they still base their route options onto what you filed and see how they can improve it. Does not mean necessarily they ignore the plans as bogus, but they do their best to verify a smoother and faster ops.

I am well aware what the background is for these level changes but I also know there are algorythms which can “manage” them. Sometimes it takes more than one. Also, you won’t see no changes but it can reduce them. Also I did not mean this as a criticism but as an observation. And as a former software developer myself I know I could not have done without those observations. That is why you do beta testing.

Personally I find this tool very well developed for a first release, much better than others I have seen. So let’s work together to make it even better.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Hi Achima, I tried via EuroGA but also never received the email….and yes, I have checked my spam folder…..tried several resends last night and this morning….went directly to the site but of course my email is already in use!…..can you please manually validate my email address if I PM it to you?

Cheers
Anthony Quick

edit: I have now used another email address and seem to have been successful in validating it…..maybe there is a problem with yahoo.com email addresses??

Now just waiting on manual activation…

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 27 Mar 09:01
YPJT, United Arab Emirates

I really don’t want to go down the route of other solutions that do a lot of hand optimization in the UK.

But I don’t want “a lot of hand optimization in the UK”. The problem is not in the UK, it’s elsewhere. I want something that allows me to find:

EGSC ADNAM DCT CLN L620 SUVOX Z713 OSN L980 DLE T207 BATEL EDDB

instead of

EGSC ADNAM DCT CLN L620 SUVOX Z713 OSN L980 MOBSA DCT BUSEP DCT HBD DCT AMALI DCT BATEL DCT GARGU DCT SUVAL DCT LANUM DCT EDDB

because in practice, I’ll fly a direct route anyway on ATC instruction. All the latter does is cause me a lot of typing and complexity.

Sign in to add your message