Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zero g maneuver

My ten year old daughter really likes aerobatics (her 13 year old brother not so much), so every time we fly i have to do some Lazy Eights and Chandelles and Stalls, and Wingovers …

We have also tried some Zeor g maneuvers, to make the Teddy Bear float :-) Although I am verry carefull doing that ( i never pull more than 2 gs), I wonder if it is a good idea. My guess is that it should not really be a problem for the Cirrus …. what do others think?

Hm, I know this is not really an answer, and yet: What does the POH say?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Stuff like that is never mentioned in POHs! It says that it is approved for Chandelles, Lazey Eights, Steep turns … but of course they never mention maneuvers like that.

It is a normal category Pt 23 aircraft, those loads must be within limits. And they are in the POH. It will list positive and negative G limits.

Last Edited by JasonC at 19 Sep 19:37
EGTK Oxford

Yes, of course. “Zero g” is just that, zero … so that can’t be bad for the airframe. It’s the recovery that puts around 2 gs on the airframe.

Of course the airplane has no aerobatic/inverted fuel and oil system … but it never even sputtered or anything. I’d say it’s all within the limits.

Flyer59 wrote:

f course the airplane has no aerobatic/inverted fuel and oil system … but it never even sputtered or anything.

Well you weren’t inverted or doing aerobatics were you?

EGTK Oxford

No, of course not, but i guess at zero g it’s similar for the fuel and oil system. But then it’s such a short time span ….

Should be fun in a Cessna Mustang! You could probably have 0 gravity for 20 seconds or so.

Flyer59 wrote:

( i never pull more than 2 gs)

How do you know that? The POH should have max G (both + and -) listed somewhere. Would love to see a little video of the floating teddy bear !

I know because I measured it with a g-meter once (iPhone app) and also I know 2 g’s very well from thousands of 60 degree steep turns I’ve done.

Actually in the Warrior I once let a small pastic astronaut float through the cabin ;-) But maybe I could make a goPro video of the Teddy bear.

Somebody did it in a CitationJet already:

14 Posts
Sign in to add your message