Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mountain High Paraphernalia

10 Posts

Does anyone have photos of their MH / O2D2 setup in the aircraft?

It’s quite difficult to achieve a neat and tidy setup and to avoid tubes and boxes all over the place. The carry bag that MH provide has two pockets at the top, presumably to hold the O2D2 boxes, but then they are not so accessible.

I’m thinking of machining a proper bracket to hold the O2D2, maybe clamped to the neck of the cylinder, or alternatively to a suitable mounting point on the aircraft, but wondering if anyone has a better solution.

I was looking for a simple solution like yours without creating a mess so I velcro mounted it next to the dome light. My builtin oxygen port is close and the tube with inline regulator was cut to fit. Another advantage is that the device is close to my right ear so I can hear the alarm very well. I switched from cannulas to the headset mounted boom which greatly increases the comfort level. The hose is goes over the regulator hose so that it’s not in the way but allows me to move the head freely should it be required. Well tested setup with many hours at FL200+.

I just hang them off the back of the RH seat. The two O2D2 regs are joined together with two cable ties

Writeup with the above pic

The RH back seat is not usable anyway because the life raft and an emergency bag sit there, permanently.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I use a smaller two bottle system place in easy portable bag, which I place in between the back seats. The MH box is in a the front pocket, canulla goes then over the back seat and it hangs on a strap on my left shoulder. In the beech you have a coat hanger by all means for this….

Last Edited by Vref at 29 Sep 14:44
EBST

Thanks. The overhead setup looks nice although not really an option if switching between multiple aircraft and/or one you don’t own and can’t start sticking velcro tape to.

Will try the boom cannula too.

In my TB20 The tank is fitted in a disconnectable way in the lugage compartment.

See how it is strapped to a hook on the floor

The line is tucked away behind the headliner and pops out at the O2D2 unit

EHLE Lelystad

Oops that was sent too soon. Carrying on….

The unit is velcroed to the overhead console, so the only thing I have is a hose from the ceiling.
Like Achim I use the boom, which is very comfotable and effective

EHLE Lelystad

@Fletio_Flyer: that is very nicely done.

@Peter: there you got a winter project. Clean up that mess hanging behind your co seat!

That’s very nicely done.

However – you can’t see the pressure gauge on the cylinder, from the pilot position. This would be a major problem for me. On factory-fitted o2 systems, this is solved by running a high pressure line (a very small internal diameter pipe, which is extremely unlikely to fail) to a location in the front and have the pressure gauge and the 1st stage regulator there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter:
Indeed, you can’t have it all.
But then, I make my own oxygen refills, so I always leave with a full tank.
And with the O2D2 a full tank is almost endless
But to be honest, I never calculated 7 hrs with 4 persons at Fl 200.

EHLE Lelystad
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message