Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying though Europe this summer (pilot from the USA)

Thanks, learned something new ;-)

Ranko welcome to Europe. I used an outfit called Rocket Route. There are others as has been mentioned with very satisfied customers. RR is subscription based. However they have services into Canada and I think now even in the US. The plus that I found with them was that they actually extended their services to include my N Atlantic crossing. Basically they did Handling for me because of my unfamiliarity regarding some of the airport ops and some planning even though I had a lot of the info I didnt have it all. They called and found out fuel prices fees handling charges Customs info etc. Plus routings most important. Once in Europe filed routes for me and gave customs info. I do have to say Andrew from Wick FBO/Handling agent/Customs and Immigration agent was great in helping me get a great Hotel ( real Castle) and a customs arrival into Callies. Most places require that you use Handling as in BIRK, BGBW, CYYR so it was duplicated but RR did more as with the flight planning. Having to wait out 2 hurricanes it threw our time table off and they really helped. Recover the time schedule. Once here they lead you by the hand when making flight plans. Actually here it is 3 yrslater and I just called them to help make a Z plan and point of pickup for the IFR route.

Stop in at LFPN Have Michael change you oil and look over your plane. Then onto Paris for a nice evening or 2 on the town. An added benefit would be if you invite Michael and his lovely wife Anna to one of the wonderful French Bistros in Paris. She is delightful and after a rustic week up near the arctic her refinement can really be appreciated. Also as a caution, do not bring up any gun conversations with Michael. Keep your NRA card hidden. Dont mention DT.

I would take Capt Eds Course on Crossing the Atlantic. He has a great bunch of info just be careful about time zones and time changes. Its really important. Also get a Greenland calendar that has holidays marked. You dont want to arrive on National Walrus day and be fined $1500.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

She is delightful and after a rustic week up near the arctic her refinement can really be appreciated.

You’re quite bold, aren’t you? I’ll keep my wife hidden from you, mate.

LFPT, LFPN

Very charming and refined; as in elegant and cultured in appearance, manner and taste. So dont get any ideas.

KHTO, LHTL

Thank you all for great information….

I had conversation with few fellows pilots here who actually flew trough Europe in pass few years often. some of them still flying actively.
They wore kind to give me tips and they are willing to help me with flight planing.

Needless to say all of your input guys was tremendously appreciated.

God Bless you All.

KHWO-KOPF

Yes and when you come to Bavaria you will be met with Grüß Gott.

KHTO, LHTL
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message