Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

if there isn't somebody else listed of the same surname whose age might plausibly make them a parent of that person, they phone you up and ask for the phone number of the kid's mum.

They didn't do that, they just spoke to us at length about it and spoke to the girls directly. It helped that they were 16. My suggestion if anyone is ever doing this is bring a letter of permission from parents.

EGTK Oxford

Mind you, this problem can arise any time you travel with kids of a different surname to the adults - even when flying on airlines. A colleague's wife has kept her maiden name and her kids from a previous marriage have their father's surname....caused a major standoff at Frankfurt! The kids were very young but in the end they believed them....

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

That must happen to every divorced mum who dumps her ex husband's name. Must be really common.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Don't expect any sort of receipt. Occasionally you might get a permission number from Special Branch, but this very much depends on which police force covers the area that you are flying to.

You can now file online here AOPA GAR

It does have the advantage of directing your GAR to all the correct authorities, and gives an instant receipt which is proof of meeting the legislation.

dp

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Is it now possible to create some sort of "personal profile" where one can store details of various passengers, on the online GAR form filing site?

One of the great timesavers I use is keeping old GARs as .doc files and then editing one and doing a Save As, then printing the 1st page to a PDF and emailing it to the ncu@ email address. If flying with a passenger I recycle a GAR previously used with that passenger.

I am pretty sure somebody has at some stage produced a database app which enables one to manage this efficiently. But I recall reading recently that the API is not yet published.

Until the online GAR contains something like this, or there is a client-based database app for it, people like me will continue to do what they do.

Administrator

Not yet although you can save a long passport number in your contacts which allows a quick load. Only really works for family. This will be coming in subsequent releases apparently,

EGTK Oxford

Is that the Windows (Silverlight) app, or some other app?

Administrator

Not yet although you can save a long passport number in your contacts which allows a quick load. Only really works for family. This will be coming in subsequent releases apparently,

It's these next releases I am looking forward to. I have the app / cache version on my PC, but it only remembers the top section (aircraft reg, operator etc), it doesn't remember the stuff that takes ages to type in every time, which is the people, the addresses, the dates of birth etc...

For that reason I still use the Word doc. It's re-usable almost instantly (where the pilot / passenger details don't change).

Is it now possible to create some sort of "personal profile" where one can store details of various passengers, on the online GAR form filing site?

No. I believe that the AOPA site will not allow storage of passenger details as a matter of principal (They don't want to get involved in data protection issues.)

However here claims that you can download the Silverlight app and save your passenger details locally.

I've tried and can recall details of previous GARs, but not individual passengers. I mean I get all the passengers on that previous GAR and then can delete those who aren't on this flight, rather than select individually from a list. I suppose it's just a matter of making a master list.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Guernsey GAR/GENDEC

Does anybody know whether there is an online version (PDF) for the Guernsey GAR or do I just do it on arrival? I remember that when flying into Jersey last year I got a prefilled document from eurofpl. But now with rocketroute I am missing that.

Would save some time if I could do it in advance.

Sign in to add your message