Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

I did both legs on the one (new) form today and no police arrived Normally they run a 100% “visit” rate if no GAR received, so maybe they worked it out, perhaps with FR24… but nowhere did I put “LFAT”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Why do you file a GAR for the outbound leg to an EU country?

EGTK Oxford

There is no need for that one.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I did both legs on the one (new) form today…but nowhere did I put “LFAT”.

You were in that T20 at LFAT?

FYI, the GAR gov.uk website is crap, we did send one but did not go through (although we had a dummy email confirmation), I bet the tech guys in charge had a fat budget to come up with that mess !!

Called by phone to the surprise of BF guys: “we have your FP but no GAR”, so we had to send new one by email to their email directly

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

FYI, the GAR gov.uk website is crap, we did send one but did not go through (although we had a dummy email confirmation), I bet the tech guys in charge had a fat budget to come up with that mess !!

Called by phone to the surprise of BF guys: “we have your FP but no GAR”, so we had to send new one by email to their email directly

I flew my TB20 to LFAT yesterday and used Sky Demon’s OnlineGAR form to send the GA report. Also received an email confirmation with the subject line “SAMPLE EMAIL: Inbound Flight Notification to EGMD Lydd/London Ashford Airport (GBR)”

Fortunately I printed that off because when I got to Lydd they said they had been informed by Border Force that there was no GA report. They faxed my email across and when I was walking to the plane I got a call from Border Force saying that no GA report had been received. They were happy when I told them that the lady at Lydd was faxing it to them – glad I printed that email off. There does appear to be an issue with the on line GA reports at the moment.

Rochester EGTO

WillC wrote:

There does appear to be an issue with the on line GA reports at the moment.

I didn’t have a problem. Might have just been a problem with,yours.

EGTK Oxford

Yes I would just blame it on the programmers, someone put a cutoff date on Friday for online/gov GARs and forgot to manually disable it or move it to Apr12, alternatively and email or phone should work but the gov site look simplistic IMHO

Btw, we had our hotel booked with lastminute.com with an online confirmation, we arrived at the hotel: no room, so did not go through as well: now I am fighting for a refund…

I can’t blame that much, I did that “B date freeze” at my work as well, I had to code Saturday morning to fix some breaks before flying the afternoon for a weekend to France

I agree the new GAR site is a junk piece of design. It is an inept use of font size – suitable for almost blind people which pilots obviously aren’t going to be, perhaps in a badly implemented effort to make it usable on a phone.

I will go back to emailing the original 2003 GAR PDF, which nobody has complained about.

Yes, a nice day out at LFAT today. Not much traffic anywhere, due to heavy haze and strong crosswinds.

Administrator

In an astonishing piece of utter idiocy, stupidity and incompetence, the Home Office has just sent an email with their entire GAR client list on the CC. 157 people

The only thing they forgot to do is include everybody’s passport details.

I think they are “experiencing difficulties” with their neural connections!

Administrator

Just saw the fiasco, someone just replied to all

Looks gov.uk is ready for ‘the best days that lie ahead of us’

Sign in to add your message