Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Yes – amazing pic. This is a good time of the year to get these.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@RobertL18C: thanks. I think the horizon is strange and not straight. Does anyone know how to correct that and what in which software?

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 03 Nov 09:51
EDLE, Netherlands

I hate to be negative but AeroPlus I much prefer you other pictures than that last one. For my taste, way too much photoshop /contrast boosting, I prefer the more natural looking ones you have, such as Africa etc.

I feel the sky might have been beautiful, but I sadly I can’t “see it”

Last Edited by Noe at 03 Nov 10:48

It looks like you used a very wide angle on that photo. There is a correction function in Photoshop CS6 called Adaptive Lens Correction in the “Filters” menu. I tried to play with it and got this:

Tried to paste a Youtube video showing it in action, but the link gets broken by the forum software. But if you search for Adaptive Lens Correction, you’ll find some.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 03 Nov 10:58

To post a YT or Vimeo link, drop it in directly. See Posting Tips

Regarding reality, I too don’t photoshop/lightroom stuff other than to reduce the effects of airborne haze, or crop, but I know a professional photographer (he’s on here) who says, basically, “there is no reality” and any amount of manipulation is ok if the result is attractive. Whether you like it or not, most photo competitions are won by heavily photoshopped images… I know because I came 3rd place in one, ending up with only a 2-day Lightroom course

Maybe somebody should start a thread on what cameras people use and how they process the stuff.

Administrator

Second flight with license after PPL exam. Beautiful weather.

EDGH

@Noe: yes, you might be right. Do you like the below one better? :-)

EDLE, Netherlands

Second flight with license after PPL exam. Beautiful weather.

Excellent!

Administrator

@Aeroplus, is that without any processing? Seems still artificial for me (But i’ve had a few without photoshop that people thought I tweaked)

Since a lot of contributions today, some old ones (well, one is on the way back from my last trip to paris). Crappy quality as just saved from facebook

“Pilot’s glory” I think it is called:
(Also interesting how quickly ice can pick up, this was going through a 500-1000 ft layer, in the -1/-2 degrees

Last Edited by Noe at 03 Nov 14:22

Brighton last week:

UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message