Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Silvaire wrote:

Tre Cime di Lavaredo

Kudos Silvaire, been there?

PS
the guy sits on the other side of the Planet, and knows the obscure name of some rocky formations which I’ve never seen real close, but by air

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Many times, at least to see in the distance. First time in 1989, solo by motorcycle from the UK to Lago di Como and back. More recently for me its on a well trodden route to the Dolomites from Germany, typical destination Arabba

Thread drift alert

Silvaire wrote:

1989, solo by motorcycle from the UK to Lago di Como and back

Well, that must have been pretty cool! Though I prefer flying, the perfect day is to ride the motorbike from home to the field, and then go fly, what a life
Wifey and me been thinking of hiking and visiting the area for ages… not sure that’s gonna happen, hoping though

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

People have been riding to Tre Cime for a while and its fun.

Pushed over the Grintovec Range, Slovenia, at 200+ knots.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy: That’s an interesting display, nearly seems an overlay over Google Earth data. Which aircraft were you flying there?

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

lukepower wrote:

That’s an interesting display, nearly seems an overlay over Google Earth data. Which aircraft were you flying there?

Thanks, it’s actually not an airplane flight display but a cockpit view visualization of the flight data from the avionics logfiles. Afaik it doesn’t use google earth data but a similar source.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 25 Feb 11:41
always learning
LO__, Austria

Some pictures flying to Courchevel and over the Alps (Mont Blanc Massiv). The lake is the lake at Chambery.

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 26 Feb 09:46
EDLE, Netherlands

Looks like load of fun !

That was late departure, pity they can’t operate at night

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Feb 10:50
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

They technically could create an IFR departure procedure making it possible to depart from Courchevel in IMC or at night, but they don’t want any aircraft movements at night to not disturb the guests in the hotels too much.

EDLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message