Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

@boscomantico is this an aircraft boneyard for Cirruses?

Germany

If this not a fly-in, a prime Cirrus maintenance company based there may have a serious manpower shortage.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Darned, Bosco may be right. On a proper fly-in they’d be parked like this! May 2003, same location. Fond memories of my Cirrus days.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Is this an aircraft boneyard for Cirruses?

They say that a recent record was 61 Cirrus aircraft on their ramp and in their hangars.

some are waiting for CAPS parts
some are waiting for other parts
some are waiting to be picked up again
some are for sale
etc.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

To me this kind of scene says a lot of customers are absolutely desperate, and for various reasons, some of which may include disputes.

I know of a maintenance shop (won’t say where but not anywhere near my base) whose yard is full of abandoned planes, and according to one customer a lot of them were abandoned by owners who felt it was safer to write off a few tens of k (I am talking of pre-covid values) than having to deal with the maint company owner who was known for “getting physical” Not suggesting that is the case here but clearly a lot of people are having to accept a lot of downtime which I am sure they didn’t expect to have when they spent the money.

Downtime is a big feature of GA… like this and that is an SR22!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It‘s a free world, so I wouls rather say people accept a few downsides for the enormous joy that these airplanes give you.

Anyway, today‘s missions accomplished with an ILS back home.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

EKRN

Poland

boscomantico wrote:

Anyway, today‘s missions accomplished with an ILS back home.

Way off centerline, @boscomantico

EDLE

Flying to Montpellier in August 2023 on our way to Bologna, at FL150 (Roughly 2.84 miles up)

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

The Savannah squadron was out yesterday (un)securing the skies

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message