Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

AdamFrisch wrote:

I’m probably the only person in the world who thinks Skynmasters look friggin cool

Nope – I too think they look good

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

It IS a cool airplane, but I think it was more or less killed in Germany for noise reasons. And I heard (unconfirmed) that the cabin is pretty noisy too).

Lee on Solent EGHF

The “mystery runway” near the old LEC refrigeration factory near Goodwood – disused since IIRC the owner or his son got killed flying

Such a waste of ~600m tarmac, plus the remains of a building which could be a hangar.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Water castle Nordkirchen today. About 10 NM north of EDLW

EDWF, Germany

The 1951 youngster in its favourite setting

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Wunderbar Robert.. When can I admire her over here?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart it’s on my agenda, need a window later in the year…have to get those Palma farm strips into the log book. The grass strip above is home base to a 210 which is an earth rounder the hard way, eg Chile- New Zealand.

I did learn an important lesson recently – if you have a reasonable slot at LEIB don’t even think of asking for any changes mid summer, unless you want a nice 1030z turn into a 1950z.

Good, I’ll guide you to the 3 legal fields, and to the 3 illegal ones if you want FWIW, they are UL-fields, so officially only for aircraft with a MTOM of 472 kg.. Typical rwy length 200 m between threshold, but easily add 100m beyond.

Interesting you said that about the slots here in summer. It seems indeed like a balancing act. I once witness quite a scene at an FBO at LEPA. Here was a very nervous captain looking at his watch every 30 seconds. Apparently he was ready to go but his pax were late. When they finally showed up, the slot was gone. Next one: in six hours. The ‘leader’ of the pax exploded, the poor captain got the flak and i felt really sorry for him. Obviously I can understand the frustration of the pax too.

I’m no expert on all this, and I suppose congestion on the dep airport or arr airport or en-route dictate slot times. But here in Palma in summer there is one private jet departing for every 25-50 commercial flights (my estimate), so would there not be a way to provide a little more flexibility? The one described above was a high-end jet, so could fly above the commercial traffic en-route..

Maybe you, WN or other jet jockeys can provide some insight here. Sorry about the thread drift, maybe should make a new one.

Last Edited by aart at 19 Aug 06:59
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart LEPA is not too bad with parallel runways, although getting across to GA parking is painful.

If good VMC I would prefer your home base, faster re fuel, very friendly, but it is no longer SR-SS. Getting into LEPA VFR is relatively easy from LESB, but you need to turn around at LEPA within a fixed period or risk a stiff fine. Valencia may be worth diverting to if the slots are messed up, especially as re fuelling at LEPA can be a pain.

LEIB is short of parking and single runway. Landing slots Friday-Sunday in the summer are hard to get sometimes, although getting a take off slot is easier. CBs tend to accompany flow control delays on departure.

For a host of reasons you have chosen the nicer island.

Some evil brothers in the development stage some 30 NM north of ALBER (FIR boundary France/Spain close to Perpignan). Picture taken at FL190

Last Edited by Stephan_Schwab at 21 Aug 08:17
Frequent travels around Europe
Sign in to add your message