Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Gain and loss of immigration / customs at French airports, and current list

Pontoise and Toussus can only be used for intra-Schengen flights, even if outside of the EU. These two aerodromes are not on any currently valid list of border crossing points.

I found this. Not an official publication, so needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but at least it provides a consolidated overview. But there may still be additional options for Intra-Schengen flights, ref Pontoise and Toussus.

LFPT, LFPN

Pontoise and Toussus can only be used for intra-Schengen flights, even if outside of the EU. These two aerodromes are not on any currently valid list of border crossing points.

Yes, but the above mentioned doocument suggests otherwise:

Les formalités de douane, de police et de santé sont assurées en permanence sur les aérodromes suivants : […]

That’s why I said, I would never use any of these “lists”. Just use the official, aeronautical publication and even then, contact the authorities to verify that information.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 10 Mar 19:37
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Believe me: that document is no longer valid. I am trying to figure out why it is still on there.

The EU document is recent and contains the list of border crossing points reported to the EU by French authorities. Neither Toussus nor Pontoise are in that list.

LFPT, LFPN

Maybe there isn’t a document which is fully valid i.e. it isn’t anybody’s job in France to maintain any such document.

It would not surprise me if the French made a conscious decision to not remove ambiguity. After all, the decision a few years ago to remove Customs from about 50 airports was so apparently dumb. Many of those airports reportedly lost 30% of their traffic, especially traffic purchasing fuel. And for what? To save some policemen having to go there? They almost never went there anyway. They either sat in their offices with a bottle of nice wine, or they did a quick hit on some airport where there was a group of Brits known to be arriving.

On recent flights there I got the feeling that security has been tightened… no shortcuts at all around the Paris TMA. That makes one wonder what their plans are for the rest of France. Obviously Paris would be the symbolic target but…

It has been suggested the AIP is the only reference but I think this just means that one has to use the old tried and tested method and contact the airport(s) directly.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Pontoise and Toussus can only be used for intra-Schengen flights, even if outside of the EU

That means from Switzerland as well? Ok, that is useful information (which will be verified in case I’ll use it for real).

I notice that Longes does not appear on that list you posted? It also has disappeared from the list in Jeppview.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 11 Mar 09:36
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Believe me: that document is no longer valid. I am trying to figure out why it is still on there.

The EU document is recent and contains the list of border crossing points reported to the EU by French authorities. Neither Toussus nor Pontoise are in that list.

What evidence do you suggest to believe you ?
The above link from Legifrance is the latest, and it is current and consolidated as of 1st of March 2015 as written at the top of the document.

- it is rescinded in 3 lists in order of availability with first list being H24
- it says customs, border and sanitary can be made at these places.

As regards Toussus, opening on request according to AIP

9 – Douanes, Police / Customs, Police :
HX O/R PN 24 HR FAX : 01 49 92 93 66
E-mail : [email protected]
BGTA TEL : 01 39 56 51 83.
Last Edited by PapaPapa at 11 Mar 09:58
ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

Always read the NOTAMs…!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Always read the NOTAMs…!

I see…
well, to be checked back after 31 March i guess

I do think there is a contradiction between the NOTAM and the legal text, the latter being, well… legal.

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

@PapaPapa, I concede it is all very confusing – which is probably why the NOTAM was publish on Feb 20th.

Noone can actually make a blanket statement one way or the other because it depends on what country you want to fly to/from as per the NOTAM.

• Schengen flights are allowed w/o any formalities as long as flying to/from a EU country.
  • Flights to Schengen countries outside of EU require PN
  • Flight to any country outside of Schengen are prohibited

Wrt the lists, Toussus is on the Légifrance list (but not Pontoise), and the EU list which is published by the EU based on information provided by the member countries does not include either Toussus or Pontoise.

There is a similar NOTAM for Pontoise which allows Schengen flights to/from Pontoise although it is not on any of the lists.

So again, this is all totally inconsistent. I’ll buy @PapaPapa a beer at the bar in Toussus if he meets me there and flies directly from there to Shoreham to have lunch with @Peter, and back.

BTW I can make the Légifrance list show any date I want.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 11 Mar 10:26
LFPT, LFPN

Notams can override legal texts :-)
Indeed the extra-Schengen restriction at Toussus and Pontoise is Notamed until March 31st, let’s see if anything happens after that.

EGTF, LFTF
Sign in to add your message