Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Gain and loss of immigration / customs at French airports, and current list

And for those who complain about the intricacies of getting customs in Europe, good luck using eApis, phoning up the specific customs agent, filing a DVFR flight plan, having an ADIZ entry time estimate +/-10 mins, having a specific ADIZ squawk, updating your customs arrival time with flight following et caetera ad nauseam.

Thinking back to when Silvaire inquired whether I landed at a difficult airport – why yes, but the most difficult part wasn’t the landing.

I’ll revive this thread because I plan to fly to Paris on Sunday. What are the options flying from Croatia (EU but non-Schengen) if I want to avoid paying €€€ for landing and handling? Assuming it will be nice day to file Y plan and fly form LDZA to LFPN or to land somewhere enroute to airport with immigration and then continue to any airport close to Paris (which one?)?

Last Edited by Emir at 29 Aug 00:02
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Lognes (LFPL). But you are past thr notification window now. I would still try to give police a call:

The same applies to Pontoise, but that is on the wrong side of the city for you. It is IFR, but also requires PPR for parking. The police details are in a current NOTAM.

An alternative would be for example Troyes (LFQB) first. A fuelstop there can be done in less than 20 minutes. Then on to say Lognes (or Toussus if you prefer). You might even consider taking a high speed train from Troyes all the way to Paris.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 Aug 06:26
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

There is no customs or immigration at Pontoise LFPT nor Toussus LFPN. Apart from the major airports like LFPB, LFPO, LFPG, the only airport in the Paris area that has customs/immigration outside of the two weeks of the Bourget airshow is Lognes

LFPT, LFPN

Change of plan, I’m not flying. However, thanks for the info for next ime.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

There is no customs or immigration at Pontoise LFPT nor Toussus LFPN

That’s what I thought too.

Misleadingly, the “police” in the French AIP seems to mean “immigration”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The publications suggest otherwise. Both customs and police seem to be available at
Pontoise. Here’s the AIP entry:

And here is the current NOTAM:

Obviously, it could be there is some local knowledge here and that reality is different from theory. Wouldn’t be the first time. But I don’t think so. It seems that the AIP entry and ir NOTAM have changed recently. If that were true, then Pontoise would niw be a good IFR option for those needing either customs or police.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 Aug 18:38

That’s extremely interesting because it means that – for the first time in years – Paris is accessible to UK GA pilots.

Plus, the sheduled service from Shoreham got killed mostly by the French reportedly promising them an imminent reinstatement of Customs (and Immigration, what the French call “police” ) but the French never did. I wonder how old that Notam is and/or can anyone find old versions of the AIP and see when this changed?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The only official list for Schengen port of entry is there

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:52015XC0714(01)&rid=5

I’m not sure that it’s the most recent one.

Pontoise does not seem to be a permanent point of entry

Paris, France

Thr only piece of information that counts for pilots is the official aviation publication…

Sign in to add your message