Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA BFR validity

10 Posts

If my last FAA BFR was done on 20th May 2011, am I right that I am good through to 30th May 2013?

Most FAA stuff seem to work that way, including the aircraft Annual.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From memory this is the way it works.

EGTK Oxford

c) Except as provided in paragraphs (d), (e), and (g) of this section, no person may act as pilot in command of an aircraft unless, since the beginning of the 24th calendar month before the month in which that pilot acts as pilot in command, that person has—(1) Accomplished a flight review given in an aircraft for which that pilot is rated by an authorized instructor and (2) A logbook endorsed from an authorized instructor who gave the review certifying that the person has satisfactorily completed the review.

EGTK Oxford

Great- thanks.

This is why many N-reg owners get their Annuals signed off on the last day of the month. Then if the following Annual is signed off on the 1st day of the following month, you effectively get 1 month extra. The problem with that, however, is that you gain a month every year so eventually the Annual ends up in the summer when an Annual is the last thing you want to be doing

Administrator

Peter,

You are right. You may act as PIC up until May 31, 2013 11:59:59 PM. Be on the ground before you turn into a pumpkin at midnight.

KUZA, United States

This is why many N-reg owners get their Annuals signed off on the last day of the month. Then if the following Annual is signed off on the 1st day of the following month, you effectively get 1 month extra.

Actually, for those stretching the annuals, they normally get all annuals signed off on the first day of the 13th month.

KUZA, United States

OOPS yes that's what I really meant to say

Administrator

As an alternative to a BFR, you can also add any new rating to your FAA certificate.

An ASES (Airplane Single Engine Sea) class rating for example could be used in lieu of a BFR.

Could there possibly be a better excuse? :)

EGNS, EGKB, EGCV, United Kingdom

That would be a lot more fun than doing a BFR!

EGTK Oxford

I concur !!

I was in Seattle last month and did my CPL ASES in 1,5 days!

I am good for the next two years

10 Posts
Sign in to add your message