Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New Resource - Map of Customs Airfields in Europe (merged)

Slightly off topic and I’m not drawing any conclusions from my own recent experience with Deauville but it has left me unwilling to plan a trip there in the future. I was hoping to be there earlier this year on Saturday 8th April and having been in contact with Deauville Ops during the week leading up to the planned trip to confirm AVGAS availability etc I was a bit surprised to see a NOTAM issed on the Friday night and effective immediately requesting 48HR PPR from the Airfield Manager for GA flights. Clearly too late for my trip the next morning we changed plans and ended up having a lovely day in Le Touquet.

Perhaps they have a habit of issuing last minute NOTAMs?

Last Edited by Dino at 19 May 13:28

Dino wrote:

effective immediately requesting 48HR PPR from the Airfield Manager for GA flights. Clearly too late for my trip the next morning we changed plans and ended up having a lovely day in Le Touquet.

Did you try calling them and asking if you could still go?

Noe wrote:

Did you try calling them and asking if you could still go?

I did but they were already closed that evening. At this point I invoked plan B as I didn’t want to wait until the morning to finalise my plans

carlmeek wrote:

Calais rather uniquely have a web form to fill in, but no email address.

Calais do not need the webform filled in. They are happy with just FPL.

One of the Pompiers at Calais has been promoted to be responsible to the Douaniers. He searched my baggage today, even though I was inbound from Rouen. Go figure.

But, as someone else said, at least the restaurant has reopened, albeit not quite as Haute Cuisine as before.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Looks like St Tropez will again regain PoE status

Last Edited by Aviathor at 20 May 17:42
LFPT, LFPN

Regarding Pontoise being a temporary PoE during the airshow at Le Bourget, there is so far no sign of it in the NOTAMs…

EGTF, LFTF

@carlmeek I just called Chalon LFLH and they confirmed no Immigration, and arrival from / departure to UK is not possible.

Thanks LFLH now reads “No – Although AIP States On Request 72H. Confirmed they CANNOT accept UK Arrivals on Telephone May 2017. Caution this site is not listed on the official EU list of entry points.”

EGKL, United Kingdom

That’s because the French cause so much havoc by often referring to customs even in the context of immigration. In this context here (UK flights), the airfield is not useful, but it can be for customs (flights to or from CH).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

FYI La Mole will only get their Customs back 15/6.

EGTF, LFTF
Sign in to add your message