Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying an EU/EASA plane out of the EU (with your license not matching the aircraft reg)

Airborne_Again wrote:

I recommend EAD.

Yes, but I always forget about it, and forget password every time I remember

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Peter wrote:

As discussed previously in various “what happens after brexit” threads, they have ICAO papers and can fly a G-reg worldwide.

Yes, licenses will be valid for G-reg aircraft exclusively by the looks of it, well – at best/worst. But, the problem is that licenses are issued in accordance with EASA regulations. Norway, Island and Switzerland have ratified the appropriate EASA regulations, incorporated them into national laws and regulations. We are not bound by EASA regulations per se, they are invalid to us. We are bound by the national “translations” or “re-branding” or whatever you like to call it. EASA may cease to exist today, but this wouldn’t affect our laws, regulations and licenses the slightest bit.

The UK as a full member of EU/EASA would have to take all EASA regulations and “re-brand” them to national regulations before they can be valid. A license has no value if the state of issue does not have any laws and regulations of which to validate the license. But I guess this is why there is a 2+ year time frame to leave, to sort these things out (I would think). I would also think that these things have been thought of and planned for in the event it should be needed. If the UK continues to be an EASA member or not, is mostly irrelevant in this regard, but will be important for future changes in regulations, cooperation and so on.

Last Edited by LeSving at 20 Aug 13:58
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

The UK as a full member of EU/EASA would have to take all EASA regulations and “re-brand” them to national regulations

Indeed

Whether Brussels will recognise this, we don’t know.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

It’s a joke. EASA is a big joke.

It will be the European Union Aviation Safety Agency in another 19 days. Art 75(1) of the new BR.

London, United Kingdom

EASA has issued a revised ICAO attachment to automatically validate licences (link —see downloads). Issue 2 includes references to agreements registered with ICAO covering automatic validation by Iceland Norway and Switzerland.

London, United Kingdom

This is quite curious. I am trying to work out the exact applicability.

URL local copy

The UK is still on that list, but that is dated 2018

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message