Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fractional / shared / joint ownership

Anyone in the greater Munich area interested in sharing a 4-seater non-complex plane ?
Thinking of a Tiger AA5B, or Robin 3000, or or or…

Actual arrangement not yet fixed, prefer just one other, would consider two.
Could be just sharing costs or actual ownership (purchase is less of an issue than annual fixed costs)

Based no more than maybe 80km from Munich, depending on availability of space (hangar).

Just PM me.

EDM_, Germany

I know this is probably not what you are looking for but I figure Id throw it out there. Im toying with the idea of taking on a partner for my C210 to be based in Augsburg.

Reason: Im flying less than 100 hrs per year; actually 70hrs this past year. As you know there are certain fixed costs that result in higher hourly costs the less you fly.
EDMA because it has a proper ILS and snow removal as well as night operations. Im told basing the aircraft there is not cheap compared to other parts of Germany. Of course it needs to be hangared. It is also N registered. You can PM me for any questions.

KHTO, LHTL

Thanks for mentioning it !

Indeed it would be quite a step for me ;-) intriguing thought, though.

Not to mention the N-reg – which is no prob within the country, but would require a validation for going abroad. Which is inviting with a view to the performance.

EDMA is certainly a good base. Space is currently at a premium there BUT high-wing has the best chnace, as they can be “mixed in” more easily.
Same BTW in Eggenfelden.

Costs vary (heated/unheated) but expect 300 to 500 p.m. in Bavaria (the South, in general)

IF there is a EASA / FAA agreement at some stage in the future
AND and I have built some experience, ideally stepped up to an IR,
it is an interesting idea to revisit !

EDM_, Germany

ch.ess wrote:

IF there is a EASA / FAA agreement at some stage in the future
AND and I have built some experience, ideally stepped up to an IR,
it is an interesting idea to revisit !

You can get an 61.75 FAA certificate easily based on your EASA one. That is not a major hurdle.

EGTK Oxford

Also I have a friend, who since he is Alsatian, has one foot in both France and Germany, who is a licensed FAA CFII. He can teach anyone still breathing to fly. He is that good.
So an FAA lic should not be a hindrance.

You would just need some time in a 182 to get comfortable with a nose heavy airplane. Afterward some retract time for insurance purposes. I can sit right seat for you to gain hrs.

Of course it would be best if someone already had the complex hours but would like to step up to a more capable airplane.

KHTO, LHTL
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message