Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Frankfurt city from the air, 2nd edition

Great pics, Bosco!

boscomantico wrote:

On a tangent, it’s slightly sad though that each and every posting of pictures like mine invariably evolve into a discussion of the involved legalities.

Seems to be mainly a British thing. If the UK CAA ran US airspace, there would prob90 be no flying at all. Certainly not in L.A. That’s what it looks like around here:

boscomantico wrote:

I think the practical aspects (precautions to be taken, passenger brifeings, etc.) are much more interesting.

I agree.

Seems to be mainly a British thing

I suggest counting the posts in the discussion… I see it as roughly 4:1 German majority

It is a reasonable Q to ask; a learning experience for all which is a good thing. I don’t see anyone suggesting the flight was illegal. Particularly interesting is that Germany has no special restrictions on SE aircraft. I bet very few people knew that.

Also it is hard to judge where the aircraft was, because if you use a long lens (or crop a lot) you appear closer to the subject. I have some photos of a transit over London City from many years ago (which AFAIK would be illegal today) and they put the plane several miles nearer to London than it was.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And a few more. This flight was done in the mighty Cherokee 140.

River Rhine and River Main in one view

Mainz

Final 08 at EDFZ, with another aircraft still ahead. Frankfurt city still visible in the very background.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 28 Sep 16:51
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Nice photos of Frankfurt and Mainz, and a slow plane is just right for that kind of evening sight seeing flight. I love the light at dusk and recognize some places from my visit to Frankfurt in 2014.

Ever flown to Mosbach-Lohrbach, about 50 nm away? Next time you’re out and about in the Cherokee, you could take a flight there to buy some parts… Completely off topic, but I’m going crazy waiting for weeks and not working productively or flying. They’ve now cleared US customs, as of this morning, probably the last in a long series of barriers cleared. Maybe they’ll arrive by next weekend.

14 Posts
Sign in to add your message