Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel injection.

Hi, I operate a Cessna R172K and could really do with some sort of instruction “manual” on how to set up the fuel injection system. It seems very complex and I wish to learn and watch what my engineer does so an instruction manual would be good reading before he starts.
Any suggestions please?

UK, United Kingdom

Such as this or this ?

Last Edited by tomjnx at 03 Jul 13:48
LSZK, Switzerland

Thank you Tom that is most enlightening. Is it a very time consuming operation to set these up correctly? The engine is Continental IO360KBIB.

UK, United Kingdom

The fuel servo has preset stops for the throttle and the mixture and you “simply” adjust the cables for those so that those stops are hit at the servo and not at the cockpit (where the levers are) end. That takes care of those two.

Then there is the idle adjustment, which I don’t know about.

Any engineer ought to know how to do this

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am not sure what sort of setting you are after. If it is the cables then it should be done the way Peter suggested but if it is the mixture setting then on the Continental fuel injected engines, at least those that I am familiar with, it is done by adjusting the fuel pressure using an external fuel pressure gauge. In this case you will be better to leave it to your engineers. However, if your injection system is the Precision type the adjustments are very simple and straight forward.

Well I am not sure which system it has but will soon find out. I think it is a necessary bit of maintenance now to adjust the fuel pressure but be assured I have no intention of “interfering” with anything, I just want to be a bit more aware of what is happening when maintenance is carried out.
Thanks for the views on this.

UK, United Kingdom

Feel free to ask your mechanic for some explanation as well, might take a little bit more time, but you could also interact and ask question if you don’t understand something or what some more information.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

All systems set up today and we have a smooth engine again developing full power.
Does anyone know please what the item is sitting on the top of the throttle?

[image fixed up]

Last Edited by Peter at 10 Jul 06:32
Last Edited by Fenland_Flyer at 09 Jul 19:08
UK, United Kingdom

The image doesn’t seem to load?

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Yes, but I can’t see what’s wrong with it, apart from it not being a URL to an image i.e. ending with .jpg or .png etc.

See the details under Posting Tips for exactly how to do this.

Imgur is currently down, according to a message on the site.

Last Edited by Peter at 09 Jul 20:31
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message