Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA into EGLC (London City)?

Thanks bookworm for the info.

Those words of mine are several years old. EuroGA is coming up to 4 years – can you believe it?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

achimha wrote:

Here it’s 2000ft AGL over congested areas

Ooop? Another SERA exception apart from France?

LFPT, LFPN

The German 2000-feet rule is no more, since the advent of SERA.

Everybody in Germany was surprised about it. It has always been a holy grail of VFR regulations. Then it was very quietly dropped. I at least expected them to fight for it much more and even risk a clash with EASA (as France does), but nothing of that happened.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

LC has a rule that aircraft must either be approved (if G-reg) or have NAA authorised procedures (if not) for 5.5 degree or more glidepaths.

EGTK Oxford

I agree and i thought the pilot also needs to have demonstrate a number of ehm steep landings. There was of course the annual bash into lcy when all well welcome although the places went quickly unless you had something exotic – is it still run? That was the only occasion i have been there, btw the sep and steep approach requirements are relaxed for the fly in day.

Bookie i dont quite follow your argument? While the wording is different surely in both cases the pilot would need to demonstrate the thames and the reservoirs along the course of the lea valley provided enough opportunity within glide distance to land clear. In other words make the water and you have both landed clear of the conjested area and without undue hazard to persons and property.

Peter wrote:

Those words of mine are several years old. EuroGA is coming up to 4 years – can you believe it?

I’m sorry Peter I didn’t check the dates of the older posts. Nevertheless, it’s an interesting discussion.

Fuji_Abound wrote:

Bookie i dont quite follow your argument? While the wording is different surely in both cases the pilot would need to demonstrate the thames and the reservoirs along the course of the lea valley provided enough opportunity within glide distance to land clear. In other words make the water and you have both landed clear of the conjested area and without undue hazard to persons and property.

“Congested area” in relation to a city, town or settlement, means any area which is substantially used for residential, industrial, commercial or recreational purposes;

The point is that the Thames and the reservoirs are considered (in the UK RotA) to be part of the “congested area”. You had to be able to land clear of those. Under Part-SERA, you can make you emergency landing in the congested area, provided it is done without undue hazard to persons and property

Last Edited by bookworm at 13 Aug 17:12
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message