Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Gain and loss of immigration / customs at French airports, and current list

Many of those airports reportedly lost 30% of their traffic, especially traffic purchasing fuel.

I am curious about where you got this from. I am even more curious about whether anyone in France cares :-(

LFPT, LFPN

As regards Toussus, opening on request according to AIP

From the UK? Now, that would be interesting. One could actually fly to Paris properly! That hs not been possible since Pontoise shut its capability some years ago.

I am curious about where you got this from.

On the internet, so it must be right

I am even more curious about whether anyone in France cares :-(

I wasn’t suggesting anybody in France (except possibly someone running an airport and trying to boost the business – hey what a novel concept) does care – that’s a separate issue…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I just noted the following on the Légifrance page:

(Dernière modification : 13 décembre 2008)

So it does not reflect the removal of the 50 ports of entry that Peter was referring to and which I believe took place in 2013.

LFPT, LFPN

The “50 airports” was before 2013. It is mentioned here (page 38) and I did that presentation early 2012.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Link
This is from today.

EGTF, LFTF

Lorsqu’il s’agit de demandes motivées par un déroutement pour incident technique ou pour des circonstances atmosphériques particulières, les usagers ne seront pas tenus d’observer ces préavis mais devront néanmoins provoquer l’intervention des services de contrôle aux frontières.

When it comes to requests motivated by a diversion for technical incident or the atmospheric circumstances, users will not be required to comply with these notice but will nevertheless cause the intervention of border control services.

That’s good to have in writing.

EGEO

The “50 airports” was before 2013

But Toussus and Pontoise definitely lost their customs status since I started flying at Pontoise, and that was in March 2012 according to my logbook.

According to this article (in French – sorry), a 24 hrs PN was introduced in december 2011.

This NOTAM was in effect last summer

A) LFPN TOUSSUS LE NOBLE
B) 2014 Mar 25 14:06 C) 2014 Oct 28 23:59
E) DOUANES, POLICE: – VOL INTRA SCHENGEN ET EU: AUTORISE SOUS CONDITIONS, SE REFERER WWW.DOUANE.GOUV.FR – VOL INTRA SCHENGEN ET HORS UE: HX O/R PN 24HR FAX 0174259627 EMAIL: SR-DUGNY AT DOUANE.FINANCES.GOUV.FR – VOL HORS SCHENGEN INTERDIT.

These NOTAMs were in effect in summer of 2012

LFFA-B3592/12
A) LFPN TOUSSUS LE NOBLE
B) 2012 Aug 07 08:15 C) 2012 Dec 31 23:59
E) REF AD2 LFPN TXT 05 :
09 – DOUANES : LIRE » NIL » AU LIEU DE »HX O/R PN 24HR FAX 01 49 92 93 66 BGTA TEL 01 39 56 51 83 »

LFFA-B3607/12
A) LFPT PONTOISE CORMEILLES EN VEXIN
B) 2012 Aug 07 08:10 C) 2012 Dec 31 23:59
E) REF AD2 LFPT TXT 02 :
O9 – DOUANES : LIRE » NIL » AU LIEU DE »MAR-SAM : PN 24HR TEL 01 47 98 20 – FAX 01 47 98 62 99 »

In 2012 there was a scheduled airline service that started between Pontoise and Brighton by “Brighton City Airways”. When Pontoise lost the customs service, it had to make a stop at another port of entry; Rouen. I remember seing it once at Rouen, landing, taxiing up to the terminal and just standing there for a while with the engines running before getting clearance to taxi back out for departure. They eventually gave up in May 2013.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 11 Mar 11:15
LFPT, LFPN

This is from today.

No. It is from

(Dernière modification : 13 décembre 2008)

This is newer

LFPT, LFPN

BTW I can make the Légifrance list show any date I want.

This is from today.

Well… that’s because the date at the top is away “today” so it will change everyday. The text is a consolidated version, i.e. the result from the initial text and all the following modifications.
On the left you will see the list of texts amending the initial one from 1998. Last modif is actually from 2008.

Notams can override legal texts :-)
Well, debatable… NOTAMS are “notices” so they are here to help you cope with a (normally) temporary modification. As for their legal value…

Toussus is in the 2nd list so it should have regular opening hours (which it does not, so is not respecting the text) and you could obtain the service outside opening hours by requesting it.
BUT, they probably won’t give it to you in the basis of that NOTAM. Which you could fight by arguing on the telephone but 1) not sure you’ll win and 2) if you do, they’ll probably make you regret it by the most thorough inspection on d-day

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

The obvious caveat here is that you’d have to go to court to have this applied correctly, which nobody will..

I guess as everything in flying , everything must be tripled checked… :-(

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg
Sign in to add your message